65

The burrow glows with the warm light of the Christmas tree and the crackling fire that filled the house with warmth. Muggle holiday music was playing through Delilah's radio as everyone hums along. Fred and George were filling everyone's designated mugs with steaming eggnog as Mrs Weasley and Ginny ferry the platters of food to the magically extended dining table. 

"Eat up everyone!" Mrs Weasley claps her hands. "There's more to come!"

Harry and Delilah were tucked into a small corner of the burrow, muttering under their breaths. Ever so often one of them will lift their head and look around to ensure no one was listening to their conversation.

"Is there anything I can do to help him?" Harry asks.

"Harry, this is not your burden to bear," Delilah replies. "You need to focus on your lessons with Dumbledore, I have this handled"

Ginny approaches the two siblings who are quick to fall quiet in order to keep their secret a secret. The ginger looks between them as Delilah gets to here feet. 

"That's my queue," Delilah is quick to retreat as Ginny sits next to Harry.

"Your conversation with Harry seemed intense," Cedric states, standing next to Delilah. 

"Yeah, we're trying to handle a situation," Delilah sighs.

"Anything I can help with?" Cedric asks and Delilah shakes her head. "Are you safe?"

"Yeah,"

"Are you helping someone?"

"Yeah,"

Cedric nods his head but doesn't push the issue further knowing that Delilah wasn't going to give him any more information because she clearly wanted to protect this person. 

Time ticks by and presents are exchanged between everyone but as the hours pass, people begin to disperse. Tonks, Remus, Cedric and Delilah had decided to leave around half past eleven due to Remus being exhausted. 

"It was delicious Molly," Tonks says before wrapping an arm around Delilah who smiles.

"Are you sure you won't stay?" Molly asks.

"No, we should go," Tonks says. "First night of the cycle is always the worst"

A silver dragon appears next to her, a Patronus she recognises as Draco's. The large creature twists into a silver orb as Draco's hushed voice echoes from it.

"They're coming," Draco's voice was panicked. "Delilah, they're coming"

Delilah steps off the porch, her eyes scanning the field that lay in front of the house. Any movement caused Delilah's eyes to flick in that direction. The witch continues walking forward, and a red glow forms in both of her hands. Cedric is quick to follow Delilah's lead, pulling out his wand.

A ring of fire suddenly surrounds the burrow, only a small distance away from Cedric and Delilah causing the couple to stumble back as the heat sears at their skin. A black swirling vortex appears in front of Delilah and once it slows down, it reveals a head of familiar black curls accompanied by a psychotic grin. Bellatrix Lestrange stares at Delilah, a challenge in her eyes as the younger witch's face becomes one of fury.

Bellatrix fires a curse at Cedric and Delilah is quick to react, reaching across the wizard's body, a red shimmer in front of the pair deflecting the spell. Delilah is quick to return Bellatrix's spell, a red glow encasing the witch. Bellatrix lets out an angered shout when she is slammed against the floor.

Her eyes move to where Delilah was standing. The auburn-haired witch shoots her a challenging smirk which seems to anger the witch even more if that was possible. Delilah's eyes flick to the circle of fire, noticing a gap in the flames that she is quick to bolt through.