53

"Where would Hermione have taken Umbridge?" Ginny asks as they rush through the castle.

"The Forbidden Forest," Delilah replies. 

"Absolutely not," Ron shakes his head.

"Think about it," Delilah hastens her walking speed. "There are two things in that forest, above all others, that could get Umbridge away from them. Grawp and the centaurs"

"The centaurs?" Neville asks. 

"Of course!" Stuart exclaims. "The Ministry isn't exactly popular among the centaurs right now"

"And Umbridge wouldn't hesitate to make sure that they knew she was from the Ministry," Delilah says. "She's going to be a hoof-shaped pancake"

The group of seven runs across the bridge, crashing into Harry and Hermione halfway across.

"How did you get away?" Hermione asks. 

"Delilah,"

"Do I want to know?" 

"We need to go!" Harry cuts off their conversation. "Delilah, can't you poof us there?"

"All nine of us?" Delilah scoffs. "Harry, be realistic" 

"We could fly," Luna comments. 

Delilah's eyes move up to where thestrals were soaring across the sky, screeching at one another as they do so. 

"I mean it's our best bet," Delilah sighs. "So how will we get into the Ministry?"

Delilah stares at the little red phone booth in front of her and turns to face her little brother with a raised eyebrow. Harry offers her a shrug in response. 

"How in all that is holy are nine of us going to fit in there?" 

"Mr Weasley says it can magically expand," Harry replies, stepping into the red phone booth. 

Delilah follows and then the other seven teenagers pile into the phone booth. Everyone was squished against each other without room to even breathe.

"I don't think he meant it expanded to fit nine," Delilah comments. 

The Ministry building was empty, not a soul in sight, as the nine teenagers run through the atrium. The only noise filling the large space was the sound of their feet slamming against the floor as they ran. 

"Stairs?" Harry asks. 

"Lift," Delilah corrects her brother. "Besides, Ministry lifts move quicker than we would on stairs"

"Department of mysteries,"

The gate in front of the lift clatters open and the teenagers exit the lift. Delilah stares at the door at the end of the corridor before sharing looks with the two older wizards. They step in front of the younger students before the group of nine slowly advances on the door.

Delilah waves her hand over the doorknob, checking for any jinxes that might have been placed on the door. 

"Not very secure," The witch says, waving her hand as the door creaks open.

There seemed to be no end to the room. Each and every inch of the room was lined with shelves that were a mile high. Delilah's eyes flit around the room, as she searches around, trying to find any sign that the situation was going to change for the worse. 

"Something isn't right," Delilah whispers as they watch Harrry search the shelves. 

As Delilah walks forward, Harry walks over to Neville, and he starts talking with him. A bad feeling had been evoked in the witch's mind, almost like the one she experienced two summers ago when the World Cup was attacked.