46

Delilah is sound asleep when a hand shakes her shoulder harshly and Delilah turns over with an annoyed grumble.

"Go away Hermione, I'll just skip first class," Delilah mutters.

"Miss Potter!"

"I don't skip lessons!"

Delilah shoots up as Professor McGonagall's raised voice fills her ears. The professor was in her nightgown with a candle in her hand.

"If you need light why not just use a wand?" Delilah murmurs sleepily, rubbing her eyes as she squints at the professor.

"It's your brother,"

Delilah is quick to move after those words. Professor McGonagall ignores the slew of expletives that leave Delilah's mouth as her feet make contact with the cold floor.

The girl pulls on her Donald Duck slippers before pulling on one of Cedric's jumpers as she yawns.

"Where is Harry and what has he done now?" Delilah asks the Professor.

"He's in Dumbledore's office," The Professor replies. "He's not in any trouble. The Weasley siblings and Mr Diggory are there too. You, Mr Diggory, and them are to be sent home immediately and Harry shall join you at a later date"

"What's going on Minnie?" Delilah asks. "Be honest with me"

"We believe Mr Weasley has been attacked whilst guarding a specific object,"

Delilah's eyes widen before she nods, implying she understood what the Professor was hinting at.

"How bad?"

"We have no word yet. But it appears to be a snake that attacked him. He's being treated as we speak,"

Delilah grabs the Professor's hand and with a crack, they're gone from the dormitory and land in Dumbledore's office.

Harry was so sweaty his top was stuck to his body, and his eyes were wide and filled with fear.

"Harry," Delilah's voice was soft.

Harry takes a few steps before wrapping his arms around his sister. The feeling of darkness that she had become so accustomed to whilst being around her brother was amplified tenfold.

The witch cries out in pain as blood slowly trickles from her nose. Harry pulls away and reaches out to wipe the blood away causing Delilah to flinch away from his touch. Upon Delilah's flinch, Harry backs away and Professor McGonagall takes over.

"LOOK AT ME!" Harry shouts at the Professor.

The whispers fill Delilah's head again causing her to clamp her hands to her ears as McGonagall wraps her arms around the girl.

"Albus, we need to send her now," McGonagall whispers before continuing to soothe the Potter girl.

"Wait for a second Minerva," Dumbledore says. "Delilah what is it you feel?"

The witch doesn't reply as her cries of pain amplify.

"Professor-" Cedric tries to intervene as blood begins to seep from Delilah's ears as well as her nose.

"Quiet Mr Diggory," Dumbledore snaps before turning back to Delilah. "Delilah answer me. What do you feel?"

The witch is unable to speak as liquid drips from her eyes as she clutches her ears. The girl takes in a deep breath before a wail escapes her lips, shaking the items in the office.

Once the scream had trailed off, Delilah looks up to the Headmaster to reveal that the liquid dripping down her face wasn't tears but blood. The thick liquid dripped onto the stone floor as it stains her skin.

"That is enough Albus!" Professor McGonagall is the one to snap. "Mr Diggory, take Delilah and get ready to grab onto the portkey"

Delilah clutches onto Cedric's jumper as the boy wraps his arm around her waist. The Weasley siblings, Cedric and Delilah place their hands on the kettle and within moments they're in Grimmauld Place.

The house was in chaos. Order members were shouting as they debated the best course of action to protect the prophecy and keep the members safe. Molly Weasley was rushing around grabbing items for herself and Arthur before hurrying out the door.

Delilah's entire body was leaning on Cedric as the wizard lifts her up into his arms, rushing into the lounge with Delilah mumbling under her breath.

"Ninety seven"

"Sirius! Remus!" Cedric shouts as he places Delilah onto the freshly cleaned sofa.

The two men in question run into the room before their eyes move to Delilah. The blood had stopped leaking from her eyes, ears and nose and had begun to crust on her face.

"What happened?" Sirius asks.

As Sirius asked the question, Remus dropped to his knees and gently held Delilah's face in his right hand as he inspects the bleeding areas.

"We don't know," George answers, looking at the exhausted girl. "She was fine until-"

"Until what?"

"Until she hugged Harry," Fred finishes for his twin.

"She started crying out in pain," Ginny whispers as her eyes stare into the fireplace. "Then blood was leaking from her nose, Professor McGonagall tried to help her but Professor Dumbledore, he-"

Ginny trails off as the sound of Delilah's agonised cries fills her ears. The sound was something the young witch would never forget.

"Professor Dumbledore what?" Sirius asks, looking to the twins or Cedric for answers as he stands next to Ginny who leans her head against his stomach, accepting the comforting embrace of the man.

"He kept asking her questions," Cedric continues for the young girl. "That's when the bleeding got worse. Then she wailed and she looked up, blood was pouring from her eyes. Professor McGonagall stepped in at that point and now we're back"

"Dumbledore did this to her?"

"She had an argument with him," George jumps into the conversation. "Remember she told us?"

"Yeah," Fred's eyes widen as he remembers. "She said that she called him a villain and she didn't believe he was a good man"

Sirius and Remus look at each other before looking at Delilah who was barely conscious at the point.

"Okay," Remus stands up. "We'll get her to bed and Cedric, Fred and George, you need to stay here so me and Sirius can talk to you. Ginny, will you stay with Delilah and tell us when she's awake?"

The redhead nods following after Sirius who had lifted Delilah into his arms before making the ascent of his stairs.