23

"Miss Potter!"

Delilah's ears are filled with the most grating voice she had ever turned. Delilah turns to see an outfit that would even offend the eyes of a blind person. A nearly neon green dress paired with the ugliest pink glasses Delilah had ever seen. This woman was a fashion disaster but Delilah knew the face well, having read enough of the woman's 'exposes'.

"I'm Rita Skeeter, I write for the daily prophet," The woman holds her hand out and Delilah takes it, forcing a smile onto her face. "But of course you know who I am"

"I have heard many things about you Miss Skeeter,"

"All good I hope," Skeeter laughs.

"Not exactly,"

Rita's smile becomes forced as she studies the girl in front of her before sitting on the bench, patting the space next to her.

"Sit please," Rita smiles. "All my readers are dying to hear about the older sister of Harry Poter. The one who was old enough to remember the death of her parents. But let's not talk about that dreadful night, I want to know about Delilah Potter. The older sister overshadowed by her famous brother. I bet your sick of people asking about your brother all of the time"

"I don't mind," Delilah shrugs. "He's my brother"

"But how does that make you feel?" Rita asks. "The fact that you're younger brother, who can barely remember the trauma of your parents' death, gets all of the attention?"

"Attention isn't all it's cracked up to be," Delilah retorts, her tone was cold as Rita hums.

Delilah's eyes were staring at the luminescent green quill that was scribbling down more things than Delilah had actually spoken.

"How do you feel about Harry entering the tournament?"

"He didn't enter," Delilah says. "Someone must have framed him"

"I want to ask you something," Rita says, her eyes intensely watching Delilah's facial expressions. "About being a Banshee"

"About what?" Delilah asks, her face paling.

"Being a Banshee"

"I don't know what you're talking about" Delilah lies and Rita hums, clearly not believing Delilah's lies.

"I've heard you are very popular among both the males and females in Hogwarts," Rita slyly comments.

"And?" Delilah's tone contained hostility.

"I've heard you're a bit of a bed warmer," Rita continues. "But I hear that changed over the summer, are you and Cedric Diggory exclusive?"

"I think this interview is over," Delilah says, standing up and walking away.

The next morning, the sly looks, whispers and giggles didn't go unnoticed by Delilah who glares at the students. Delilah's glares were infamous across Hogwarts, when you were on the receiving end of one of those glares you felt it. You felt deep within your very soul, icy daggers stabbing you as her eyes pierce you with their glare.

"D!" Hermione rushes over. "Have you seen?"

"Seen what?" Delilah asks.

"Skeeter's article," Hermione says.

"No," Delilah's eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"It's not good,"

"Well, the title is promising isn't it?" Delilah says as she stares at her picture on the front page.

DELILAH POTTER: A REAL SCARLET WOMAN