75

Delilah sits with Kreacher on the couch as she begins to inform the house elf of the necessity and urgency of the favour she required of him.

Kreacher was more than happy to help the auburn-haired witch who had treated him with nothing but kindness and respect since she had moved into the Noble House of Black.

Whilst waiting for Kreacher's return with Mundungus, Harry and Delilah had decided to sit in Sirius' room. It soothed them as they sit in the room of the man they had loved and lost in less than three years.

The feeling was bittersweet. Every aspect that made up Sirius was surrounding them but the only thing that was missing was the man himself. Gryffindor banners were plastered across the walls with pictures of himself and his friends from school also plastered across the walls. Also on the walls were posters of motorbikes, some of which had muggle women lying across the vehicles, something Delilah was sure gave Walburga an aneurysm.

"He really was strong-headed wasn't he?" Harry asks, looking at teenage Sirius' choices of decoration.

"He had morals but knew when to do what was necessary," Delilah's voice held admiration for the man.

"I don't disagree with what you did," Harry informs his sister. "Hermione and Ron have their own opinions but I think your actions may cause a ripple. Whether that's causing other people to do what's necessary or driving the death eaters into hiding. Either option is a good one"

"I taught you well," Delilah hums.

"No," Harry shakes his head. "You raised me well"

The bespectacled boy rests his head on his sister's shoulder before she rests her head atop of his.

"Do you ever think about how different our lives would have been if our parents lived?" Harry asks.

"All the time," Delilah replies. "Remus and Sirius told me bits and pieces so I use that. You were a mother's boy through and through whereas it was me and our dad"

"I hear whispers," Harry tells his sister. "That mum was pregnant when she died"

"She was," Delilah confirms. "The discovery was recent and they were obviously elated but also fearful"

"Loving either one of us is a death sentence isn't it?"

"I hope not," Delilah whispers. "Because we have a war coming up and a lot of people who care about us are fighting-"

"What if we lose?" Harry asks.

"We have no other option than to win this war," Delilah replies. "I won't keep burying or losing the people we love"

Clattering from downstairs draws their attention and the siblings are quick to descend the stairs.

The scene in front of them was certainly unexpected. Mundungus Fletcher was thrashing around and spinning in circles trying to shake not only Kreacher but Dobby off of him. Kreacher was attached to Mundungus' back much like a koala to a tree and Dobby was wrapped around the thief's ankles like a trip wire.

"Expelliarmus!"

The squat thief's wand soars from his hand, Hermione is quick to snatch it from the air before tucking it into the waistband of her jeans.

"As Miss Delilah wished, Kreacher has returned with the thief Mundungus Fletcher,"

"Thank you Kreacher," Delilah smiles at the house elf who moves to stand next to the witch.

"Dobby has also returned with the thief Mundungus Fletcher!" The house elf beams.

"What are you all playing at?" Mundungus snaps. "Setting a pair of bleeding house elves on me!"

"Dobby was just trying to help!" The house elf exclaims. "Dobby saw Kreacher in Diagon Alley, which Dobby thought was curious. And then Dobby heard Kreacher mention Harry Potter'sname, which Dobby thought was very curious. And then Dobby saw that Kreacher was talking to the thiefMundungus Fletcher, which Dobby thought was very, very-"

"I'm no thief you foul little-"

"Watch yourself Mundungus," Delilah sneers.

"Git," Mundungus finishes his sentence. "I'm a purveyor of rare and wondrous objects-"

"You're a thief, Dung," Ron cuts the man off.

"Everyone knows it," Draco crosses his arms across his chest.

"Master Weasley," Dobby grins. "So good to see you again!"

Ron nods but his eyes were locked on the bright red shoes that adorned Dobby's feet.

"Wicked trainers,"

"Listen," All eyes move to Mundungus. "I panicked that night, all right? I never volunteered to die for you mate. Can't help it if Mad-Eye fell off his broom, can I?"

"Liar!" Hermione snaps, taking a step forward.

Draco is quick to intercept, placing his hands on Hermione's shoulders. The blonde man pulls the witch back gently and she exhales angrily.

"Let's not rehash old times," Draco suggests.

"When you turned this place over," Delilah begins and Mundungus opens his mouth. "Don't deny it, you found a locket-"

"Was it valuable?"

"You sold it?" Harry asks.

"No I bleedin' gave it away, didn't I?" The man sighs. "There I was, pitching me wares in Diagon Alley when some ministry hag comes up and asks to see my license. Says she's of a mind to lock me up and would've, too, if she hadn't taken a fancy to that locket"

"Who was she?" Harry asks.

Mundungus picks up the copy of the Daily Prophet that they had received that morning and his eyes widen before he points at the picture on the front page.

"Well, she's right there, in't she? Bleedin' bow an' all,"

"Well, that's not a welcome sight," Delilah mutters, staring at the face of Delores Umbridge.