51

"The Patronus charm," Delilah's voice echoes through the room of requirements as she provides the students with information. "It is one of the most famous and powerful defensive charms in the Wizarding world. This specific spell focuses on the caster's positive emotions and turns them into powerful protection. This creates a partially-tangible positive energy force known as a Patronus or in some countries a spirit guardian. The Patronus is the primary defence against both Dementors and Lethifolds, against which there are no other defences"

"How do we know what form it will take?" Ginny asks.

"You don't until you cast it," Delilah shrugs, "Patronuses take forms are as unique as their creator and even identical twins have been known to produce two starkly different patronuses. The most common corporeal forms of patronus on record are cats, dogs and horses due to their long affinity with humans"

"I read once that the form can change, is that true?" Luna asks.

"It is believed that if the caster experiences emotional upheaval or true love, then the form of their Patronus can change. But the change is not certain for all people," Delilah answers Luna's question. "The incantation itself is simple, but this spell is well above NEWT level magic"

"So," Harry claps his hands. "Lets get to work"

"Can we see a demonstration?" Zacharias Smith asks. "I just want to make sure I'm being taught by people who know what they're doing"

Delilah rolls her eyes at the boy who had been getting on her last nerve since the inception of these classes. The auburn-haired witch raises her hand which had a faint red glow to it before waving her hand. Bright white light fills the room as a lioness lands on all four paws on the floor.

"Well, that's new," Delilah comments.

Shouts of the incantation fill the room as the Potter siblings move between the students, trying to help all of them as much as they could. Delilah finds her eyes wandering to Cedric who was taking deep calming breaths before he waves his wand.

"Expecto Patronum," 

Everyone watches as a lion appears from the end of Cedric's wand before all eyes move to Delilah. The witch's mouth was agape as the lion pads towards her before sitting next to her. 

"This day is full of surprises," The aburn-haired witch murmurs.

As time passed, more and more students were finding success. Hermione had an otter floating around her as a horse flies from Ginny's wand. Delilah was standing with Stuart who was intensely focused on the spell.

"You need to relax," Delilah comments. 

"Telling someone to relax is a paradox," Stuart says through gritted teeth. 

"Come on Stuart," Delilah sighs. "Just relax and then cast the spell"

"Expecto Patronum,"

A peacock soars from the end of Stuart's wand and the best friends look at each other before bursting into fits of laughter. Delilah is distracted from her laughter when a small ball of fire flies towards her. The witch reaches out and plucks it from the air, a singed piece of parchment in her hand. 

THEY'RE COMING

"Scatter, now!" Delilah shouts before she grabs the piece of jinxed parchment. 

Panicked shouts fill the air as the students begin to scatter, exiting the Room of Requirements as Delilah reads the jinxed sheet. Her hazel eyes flit back and forth as she looks for the name that would now be scarlet in colour.