16

Delilah's hands and feet are freezing, the tip of her nose a light red as she shivers in the early morning chill that was biting at her. The witch slides her hands into Stuart's jacket pocket in a desperate attempt to provide some warmth to her frozen fingers.

The large group of nine trudge down the dark, dank lane towards the muggle village nearby. The only sound breaking the silence is their footsteps and the violent shivers wracking through their bodies.

The sky was very slowly lightening, the inky blackness being diluted to the deepest blue as the sun begins to slowly grace them with its warm blanket of light.

There was no time to waste conversing as they began the trek up Stoatshead Hill, feet slipping on the grass soaked by the morning mildew. The only words were the curses that slipped from either one of the twins, Stuart or Delilah's mouths when they tripped on the occasional rabbit stone or bigger-than-usual rock.

Delilah's breathing was short pants, stabbing her chest with each inhaler. Her leg muscles had started to seize up, cramping pains shooting up the backs of her legs before her feet finally find themselves on level ground.

"Where are we actually going?" Harry asks.

"Don't know" Ron replies. "Hey, Dad! Where are we going?"

"Haven't the foggiest, keep up!"

"Arthur! It's about time son"

"Sorry, Amos. Some of us had a bit of a sleepy start" Arthur says. "This is Amos Diggory, everyone, he works with me at the ministry. And this strapping young lad must be Cedric, am I right?"

"Yes sir," Cedric's eyes move to Delilah, offering him a wide grin. "Hey Lilah"

"Cedric," Delilah smiles.

Stuart shoots Delilah a pointed glare, he was the only one who knew about Delilah's frequent visits to the Diggory household to hook up with Cedric in secret over the summer. He was also the only one who knew about their budding romance. Most of the teenagers had their suspicions but left Delilah to be happy.

"Merlin's beard, you must be Harry Potter,"

"Yes sir. This way"

"Great great pleasure," Amos says shaking Harry's hand.

"Do you want to kiss his arse while you're at it?" Delilah asks, pulling her brother away from the fawning man.

Delilah shoots Amos a warning glare as she wraps a protective arm around Harry. She knew her brother hated when people fawned over him as if he had duelled Voldemort to death as a one-year-old.

Delilah hated the people that tried to get in good with Harry because in he was popular in the eyes of the ministry, but Delilah knew that as soon as that changed he'd become public enemy number one.

"That's it, just over there," Arthur points.

"Shall we? We don't want to be late" Amos says.

"Why are they all standing around that manky old boot?" Harry asks.

"That isn't just any old manky boot mate," Fred says.

"It's a portkey," Stuart says, lifting his glasses before rubbing his eyes.

The group of eleven all circle the boot, lying on their stomachs. Delilah winces when she feels the water begin to soak through her clothes as she places her hand on the boot. It was an uncomfortable squish between the ten of them.

"Time to go. Ready?" Amos asks.

"What's a 'portkey'?" Harry asks, glancing at everyone.

"After three. One- Two-"