63

A hammering knock on Delilah's door causes the witch to groan as she sits up, rubbing her eyes. She sighs as she swings her legs out of bed before padding over to the door. The witch was exhausted, she and Draco had worked on the cabinet for hours and were still yet to yield any results.

The witch swings the door open, ready to shout at whoever had dared to disturb her slumber. But she stops before her tirade begins as she realises that it was her brother standing in the doorway. The witch crosses her arms over her chest as she raises an inquisitive eyebrow, wondering what motives her brother had for waking her up.

"This had better be good," Delilah states. "If not, I swear to you, Harry-"

"Hermione's upset," Harry says. "It's bad"

Delilah is quick to retreat back into her room as Harry remains in her doorway. The woman pulls on a pair of shoes before grabbing a thick jumper to protect her against the cold breeze that travels through the halls of Hogwarts. The witch follows her brother who navigates her to where Hermione was hiding from the student population.

"Any reason why she's upset?" Delilah asks and Harry scratches the back of his neck. "What happened?"

"It was at the party after the Quidditch game," Harry begins his recount of the incident. "Everyone was cheering on Ron and Lavender Brown appeared. She kissed Ron and they started making out in front of everyone in the Common Room"

"Foolish boy," Delilah sighs.

They reach the small staircase that Hermione was hiding in. The witch in question was sitting atop a desk, a small ring of twittering birds circling her head as she watches them. Delilah's eyes watch as the birds change colour in their orbit around her head from sunshine yellow to a dark angry scarlet.

"Charms spell," Hermione says as the siblings sit on either side of her. "Just practising"

"They're really good," Harry says as they all watch the birds circle around their heads.

"How does it feel Harry?" Hermione asks, receiving a confused look from the boy. "When you see Dean with Ginny?"

Harry shoots his best friend a baffled look and the two witches give the boy pointed looks.

"We both know Harry," Hermione smiles but there was sadness in her eyes when she speaks. "I see how you look at her-"

The door bursts open nearby before Ron and Lavender rush in. The ginger wizard had his hand intertwined with Lavender's, the witch was giggling as Ron pulls her along. Both halt in their tracks as they take in the sight in front of them. Hermione with tear tracks on her face and the two Potter siblings comforting her.

"Oops," Lavender giggles, placing her hand on Ron's chest. "I think this room is taken"

"I think it's best you both leave," Delilah commands the two. "Or else I'll write you both up for being out of your dorms out of hours"

"What's with the birds?" Ron asks, looking at the little birds that were flying around.

Hermione gets to her feet and the Potter siblings share looks before looking back to Hermione.

"This isn't going to be good," Harry murmurs to his sister who shushes him.

"I want to prove that I taught her well," Delilah whispers.

"Oppugno!"

Hermione points her wand at Ron and the reaction is instant. The birds turn almost a glowing shade of red as they turn from their circle before racing like a spray of angry bullets towards the ginger Weasley wizard. Ron and Lavender are quick to flee the scene, the door slamming behind them loudly as Lavender's giggles fill the air.

"You definitely taught her well," Harry murmurs and he receives a proud nod in response to his comment.

As the birds slam into the door, they explode softly into small feather clouds. The trio watch as the feathers drift to the ground, moving gently in the evening breeze.

Hermione covers her face with her hands as she sobs and raises them. Her fists covered the sound as her shoulders shook. Before gingerly putting his arm around Hermione's waist, Harry softly urges her to recline on the steps. While resting her head on Harry's shoulder and holding Delilah's hand, Hermione sobs and Harry's shirt is covered in her tears.

"It feels like this," Harry whispers.