8

Delilah and the boys decided to walk to Hogsmeade that day, forgoing the carriages as they had been invaded by the third years. All of them buzzing with excitement at finally being able to leave school grounds. The quartet found their positivity nausea inducing so they try to avoid it at all costs.

"So how are we getting to Meredith?" Stuart asks. "If she's a loon that killed her mother, she won't be easily accessible"

"But I want to know why," Delilah says.

"Why what?"

"Why Meredith tipped over the edge and lost control," Delilah says. "This isn't the whole story, it's not so black and white, I can feel it"

"If you believe it, then we do too," Fred says and Delilah grins.

"So Zonkos?" George asks.

"I'm going to stop by Honeydukes," Delilah says.

"I'll come with you," Fred says and Delilah glances at George and winks, pointing between him and Stuart.

Delilah has always loved Honeydukes, it was always warm and always had shelves upon shelves of the most succulent-looking sweets imaginable. Creamy chunks of nougat, shimmering pink squares of coconut ice, fat, honey-coloured toffees; hundreds of different kinds of chocolate in neat rows; there was a large barrel of Every Flavour Beans, and another of Fizzing Whizzbees, the levitating sherbet balls that Fred loves; along yet another wall were 'Special Effects' sweets: Drooble's Best Blowing Gum (which filled a room with bluebell-coloured bubbles that refused to pop for days), the strange, splintery Toothflossing Stringmints, tiny black Pepper Imps ('breathe fire for your friends!'), Ice Mice ('hear your teeth chatter and squeak!'), peppermint creams shaped like toads ('hop realistically in the stomach!'), fragile sugar-spun quills and exploding bonbons.

Delilah grabs a bag and begins filling it up with everything, Fred doing the same. They both also enjoyed the muggle sweet section, wham bars, Hershey Bars, warheads, gummy bears.

Delilah quickly pays for the sweets and waits outside for Fred, a lollipop already in her mouth.

"Look" Fred points at George and Stuart who slowly lean in and connect lips.

Fred and Delilah burst into cheers, clapping their hands at the now blushing couple.

"Shut up" George whines as they join them.

"We're going to the book shop," Stuart says, his face still slightly red.

Tomes and Scrolls was the other end of Hogsmeade so it was a trek to get there. Delilah and Stuart walk down the alleyway that shortcuts through and is approached by Marcus Flint, two lackeys on either side of him.

"I saw your display Longbottom" Flint snarls. "It's fucking disgusting"

Stuart just rolls his eyes until Flint opens his mouth again.

"They've opened the school to fucking fags now"

Delilah's jaw drops, looking at Stuart who had small tears welling in his eyes. Davina drops her bag on the floor before shrugging her coat off her body.

"Can't you piss off Flint?" Stuart asks shakily.

A blind rage takes over her when she spots the tear fall from Stuart's eye and she punches Flint in the face and then she knees him in the gut which causes him to hunch over and she slams his head on her knee before pushing him to the ground with her foot.

His lackeys gape as Delilah pulls her wand from her hair, her hair now tumbling around her face. The fierce colour of her hair currently matches the anger inside of her as she points her wand at the lackeys.