42

Dear Remus,
I wouldn't be asking you this unless I deemed it absolutely necessary but I need a list of your most chaotic pranks from school. Umbridge needs to go, now so the twins, Draco, Cedric, Stuart and I figured we would give her the small push she needs.
Love to you and the others,
D

Delilah gives Hedwig the letter, stroking the owl's head.

"Remus Lupin"

"That foul, evil, old gargoyle," Delilah glances over to Hermione who was furiously ranting. "We're not learning how to defend ourselves. We're not learning how to pass our OWLs"

"Or NEWTs," Delilah says. "Slinkhard's book is pre-Hogwarts reading and she knows it. She's taking over the entire school. God, she's like a pink version of chlamydia."

"Security has been and will remain the Ministry's top priority. Furthermore, we have convincing evidence that these disappearances are the work of notorious mass murderer Sirius Black."

It is only after Delilah has lowered the radio that she looks at the picture she has drawn before she turns it off. Delilah saw a glowing orb with smoke emanating from it, and instantly, she knew it was what she had drawn on the piece of parchment. It was this prophecy that the Order of the Phoenix sought to keep from Voldemort, despite not knowing what it contained themselves.

"Harry, Delilah?" All heads snap to the fireplace to see a familiar face in the flames.

"Sirius,"

The large group of teenagers crowd around the fireplace with some difficulty as they all stare at Sirius' floating head in the fireplace.

"What are you doing here?" Delilah asks. "Not that I mind but it's risky"

"Answering your letters," Sirius says, looking between the Potter siblings. "You said you were worried about Umbridge. What's she doing? Training you to kill half-breeds?"

"No, that's the problem," Delilah says. "There's no training or learning going on at all"

"What do you mean?" Sirius asks.

"She's not letting us use magic at all," Harry says.

"We're using Slinkhard's book," Delilah says, screwing her face up in disgust.

"Well, I'm not surprised. The latest intelligence is that Fudge doesn't want you trained in combat." Sirius says.

"Combat?" Draco splutters, as confused as everyone by Sirius' statement. "What does he think, we're forming some sort of wizard army?"

"That's exactly what he thinks," Sirius says which only caused more confusion among the students at how such an idiot became the minister of magic. "That Dumbledore is assembling his own forces to take on the Ministry. He's becoming more paranoid by the minute. The others wouldn't want me telling you this, Harry but things aren't going at all well with the Order. Fudge is blocking the truth at every turn and these disappearances are just how it started before."

"So Voldemort is on the move," Delilah says and Sirius nods. "Well, what can we do?"

"Someone's coming. I'm sorry I can't be of more help. But for now, at least, it looks like you're on your own."

With that, Sirius disappears with a pop, the fire dying out after he leaves. This prompts Stuart to wave his wand and relight the fire.

"He really is out there, isn't he?" Hermione asks rhetorically. "We've got to be able to defend ourselves. And if Umbridge refuses to teach us how, we need someone who will. Harry, D, I know it's a lot to ask but we need to do this. Not just for exams but we need to know what we'll be facing out there."

"I'll do it," Delilah says with a nod. "Anything to annoy that old hag. Harry?"

Delilah glances at her younger brother who had a confident look on his face.

"I'm in,"

"We're in too," Fred says and George nods.

"If D thinks it's worth the risk, then it is," Draco remarks.

"I'm in," Cedric adds.

Delilah smiles at her friends as the Trio disperse to their beds. Delilah and Cedric leave to head to Cedric's head boy dormitory.

Having a new room gave the couple a much better sense of privacy, and they were enjoying it very much. There are a lot of little details such as the walk-in shower, the spacious bath and the soundproofed rooms that make the experience exceptional.

 There are a lot of little details such as the walk-in shower, the spacious bath and the soundproofed rooms that make the experience exceptional