40

Delilah waves her hand above her quill, a red glow emanating from her fingers as the object floats off of her desk.

"Good morning, children" Umbridge walks into the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom and flicks her wand so the chalk begins to write on the board. "Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Tests. N-E-W-Ts. More commonly known as NEWTs. Study hard and you will be rewarded. Fail to do so, and the consequences may be severe"

Umbridge lets out a simpering giggle and Delilah swears she throws up in her mouth slightly.

"Your previous instruction in this subject has been disturbingly uneven," Umbridge says. "But you'll be pleased to know, from now on... you will be following a carefully structured, Ministry-approved course of defensive magic. Yes?"

Stuart had raised his hand after flicking through the book.

"There's nothing in here about using defensive spells?" Stuart says staring at the teacher as confused mutters begin to make their way through the classroom.

"Using spells?" Umbridge asks. "Well, I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom"

"We're not gonna use magic?" George asks, clearly as dumbfounded as everyone else.

"You'll be learning about defensive spells in a secure, risk-free way" Umbridge simpers.

"Risk free?" Delilah asks. "So say we're attacked and don't know how to use practical magic. What do we do?"

"Students will raise their hands when they speak in my class" Umbridge glares at Delilah who returns it equally coldly. "It is the view of the Ministry that a theoretical knowledge will be sufficient to get you through your examinations which, after all, is what school is all about"

Delilah raises her hand.

"Yes, Miss Potter?"

"And how's theory supposed to prepare us for what's out there?" Delilah asks.

"There is nothing out there, dear," Umbridge says. "Who do you imagine wants to attack young adults like yourself?"

"Lord Voldemort aside, there are so many threats in the world," Delilah retorts. "Rapists, murderers and they're always people funnily enough"

Fred, Cedric, George and Stuart were the only ones who didn't react to Delilah's use of the name. Angelina lets out a small squeak and Jackson Moors falls out of his chair.

"Now, let me make this quite plain" All traces of sweetness were gone from her voice but it didn't faze Delilah. "You have been told that a certain dark wizard is at large once again. This is a lie"

"It's not a lie. Harry saw him. He fought him," Delilah snaps.

"Detention, Miss Potter," Umbridge says and Delilah scoffs.

"So Cedric just fell into a coma of his own accord?" Delilah asks.

"Cedric's coma was a tragic accident," Umbridge says.

"Your wardrobe was a tragic accident," Delilah says. "It was Voldemort, you stupid bitch"

"Enough!" Umbridge shrieks. "Enough. See me later, Miss. Potter. My office"

"I look forward to it," Delilah says. "Professor"

Harry storms past Delilah from Umbridge's office and she sighs.

"Here we fucking go,"

Delilah pushes open the door and nearly walks back out. The office that was once filled with her Godfather's knick-knacks and 'Moody's' dark wizard hunting items, but now it was wall-to-wall cats.