19

"Now we're all settled in and sorted," Professor Dumbledore says. "I'd like to make an announcement. This castle will not only be your home this year but home to some very special guests as well. You see Hogwarts has been chosen-"

The school watches as Filch runs up the aisle limping in a comical way before he whispers something to Dumbledore and leaves in the same fashion. A lot of students snicker at the man. Delilah looks to the Hufflepuff table where Cedric was sat and the boy in question shoots her a wink.

"So Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event," Dumbledore says. "The Tri-Wizard tournament. Now for those of you who do not know, the tri-wizard tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school, a single contestant is selected to compete. Now let me be clear, if chosen you stand alone. And trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint-hearted, but more of that later. For now please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of magic and their headmistress Madam Maxime"

A group of beautiful girls dressed in blue dance up the aisle and release butterflies into the air. Delilah's eyes move to Cedric who was only looking at her causing her to blush.

"This year's going to suck" Ginny mutters and receives a nod from Hermione.

"And now our friends from the north, please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and the high master Igor Karkaroff"

A series of older boys walk up the aisle brandishing bo staffs, twirling them around and periodically stabbing them into the ground with a spark effect.

Delilah grins before glancing at Ginny and Hermione whose expressions were no longer gloomy but interested.

"Perk up girls," She says with a grin. "This just got a whole lot better"

"You've already got the hottest boy in Hogwarts heart-eyeing you," Ginny laughs. "Leave some for the rest of us!

Fred frowns when his sister says that, like he had been punched in the gut harshly. His fists clench around the napkin.

"What's that napkin ever done to you?" His twin asks before his eyes move to where Delilah and Cedric were mouthing words to each other. "I see"

"Blimey, it's him, Viktor Krum!"

Delilah watches as one boy blows a dragon made of fire, the boy was very easy on the eyes but her eyes kept trailing back to Cedric.

"He could light my fires any day" Hermione mutters, causing Delilah and Ginny to stare at her mouth agape.

"Hermione Granger, you little minx," Delilah nudges her as Ginny giggles.

A Durmstrang boy sits next to Delilah, much closer than the girl would have liked. She leans away slightly, her face becoming slightly uncomfortable.

A boy sits next to Delilah and two sit next to Hermione and Ginny.

"'Ello ladies"

"Hi," Delilah says, a fake smile painting itself on her face.

Cedric notices the discomfort on Delilah's face and excuses himself from the conversation with his friends. He is quick to head towards the Gryffindor table.

"I'm Stefan, this is Aleksandur and Markus,"

"Sorry to interrupt," Cedric says, fake politeness lacing his tone but his eyes were piercing. "Delilah, we had plans to eat together?"

"Oh yes!" Delilah exclaims, going along with Cedric's ruse.

Cedric offers his hand to Delilah which she takes with a smile on her face that she couldn't suppress even if she wanted to. Fred grips the fork in his hand tightly, the tips of his ears burning a bright red watching Delilah leave hand in hand with Cedric before sitting with him at the Hufflepuff table.