29

The great hall was only half full at eight in the morning on a Saturday. Breakfast always ran later on a Saturday as Dumbledore had accepted that not all students would be awake early on the weekend.

A small group of seven sat in the middle of the Gryffindor table quietly talking about what the egg could possibly be a clue for.

When Harry falls silent, Delilah turns to face him to see a love struck expression upon his face. Delilah's eyes follow Harry's line of vision to see Cho Chang sat laughing with her friends.

The Ravenclaw girl turns and offers Harry a smile and a small wave. Harry grins in return causing pumpkin juice to spill from his mouth and into his lap. Laughter comes from the girls as Cho shushed them. Delilah was unashamed to laugh though as the rest of their group join in causing the Potter boy's face to go red.

"What a ladies' man," Delilah manages to say when she gets a break from her laughter.

"Shut up,"

A sudden slam on the table distracts everyone from teasing the Potter boy. Hermione's face was one of fury as she stares at the newspaper as if hoping it would combust as Cedric approaches the table, sliding in next to Delilah.

"Look at this!" Hermione huffs. "I can't believe it she's done it again. Miss Granger a plain but ambitious girl seems to be developing a taste for famous wizards. Her latest prey sources report is none other than the Bulgarian bon-bon, Viktor Krum. No word yet on how Harry Potter's taking this latest emotional blow"

"With how he's slobbering over Cho, I think he's dealing alright with this massive heartbreak," Delilah's tone was mocking, causing her brother to nudge her. "Have I received an honourable mention?"

"Obviously," Hermione says before clearing her throat. "Delilah Potter was once again spotted in the arms of Cedric Diggory. The pair make a stunning couple who, as I have said before, may go down as a legendary love story-"

"That wasn't too bad,"

"If Miss Potter can keep from hopping between beds,"

"There it is," Delilah rolls her eyes.

Their conversation is once again interrupted by a boy approaching them, possibly a first or second year. The boy holds out a package for Ron, causing confused looks to be shared through the group.

"Parcel for you, Mr Weasley,"

"Thank you, Nigel,"

Nigel's eyes are locked on Harry who avoids eye contact with the boy, feeling uncomfortable under his gaze. Nigel's gaze turns to Ron a hint of expectancy in his eyes as if Ron owed him something.

"Not now Nigel. Later. Go on,"

Nigel leaves and Hermione turns to Ron, an angry look on her face reminiscent of a mother who had caught her child red-handed stealing a cookie from the cookie jar.

"I told him I'd get him Harry's autograph," Ron murmurs as he opens the package. "Oh look mum's sent me something. Mum sent me a dress?"

Delilah places her hand over her mouth in shock at the fashion monstrosity that Ron had pulled from the white box. Cedric had his head bowed but even he couldn't stop his shoulders from shaking with laughter.

"Well, it does match your eyes. Is there a bonnet?" Harry asks. "Aha!"

"Ginny these must be for you," Ron says, turning to his younger sister.

"I'm not wearing that it's ghastly," Ginny says.

Small giggles escape Hermione's lips as Delilah's brain still comprehends the horrific clothing item in front of her.