5

"Miss Potter!" Professor McGonagall rushes over as soon as her eyes lock on the young witch. "Professor Lupin told me about your episode on the train. I think it's better we talk somewhere a little bit quieter"

Delilah nods and glances at her group of friends.

"We'll save you a seat," Fred says and Delilah nods with a small smile.

Delilah and McGonagall walk through the winding corridors of the castle before arriving at McGonagall's office which was adorned with awards she had achieved during her time at Hogwarts and afterwards. There was also a photo of McGonagall standing with her parents. Delilah was in her father's arms as Harry was cradled in their mother's.

Delilah sits at the chair that was facing where McGonagall was now sitting, her eyes focusing entirely on the Potter witch.

"Have a biscuit," Professor McGonagall says.

"Thank you,"

"Is there anything you want to tell me, Miss Potter? Or anything you need?"

"Um-" Delilah's eyes widen when she thinks of something. "Can I have access to the restricted section of the library?"

Professor McGonagall glances at the book poking out of Delilah's bag and she nods, deciding not to comment as she had a suspicion that the gene would have been passed on to Delilah as it was dormant in males.

"I'll have to sign in for Mr Weasley, Mr Weasley and Mr Longbottom won't I?" Professor McGonagall says.

"Maybe," Delilah says with a small smile.

"Maybe they can develop their products,"

Professor McGonagall smiles slyly at her before grabbing a piece of parchment and a quill, quickly writing.

I, Professor Minerva McGonagall, permit Miss Delilah Potter, Misters Fred, and George Weasley, and Mr Stuart Longbottom to use any resources they may require for personal research from the restricted section of the library for as long as they may need.

"Thank you," Delilah says, standing up and walking to the door.

"Miss Potter," Delilah stops. "I want you to know that you can talk to me about anything"

"Thank you," Delilah says before pausing and smirking. "Minnie"

Delilah leaves Professor McGonagall in a state of shock not having heard that nickname spoken in the halls of the school since nineteen seventy-seven and hadn't seen a smile like that since the very same year.

"What was that all about?" Fred whispers when Delilah slides in next to him.

"Professor McGonagall-"

Delilah starts to explain in a whisper, but at that moment the headmaster stood up to speak, and she broke off.

Professor Dumbledore, though very old, always gave an impression of great energy. He had long silver hair and an equally as long beard, half-moon spectacles, and an extremely crooked nose.

"Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts" Dumbledore says. "Now, I'd like to say a few words before we all become too befuddled by our excellent feast. First, I'm pleased to welcome Professor R.J. Lupin who's kindly consented to fill the post of Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. Good luck, professor. Our Care of Magical Creatures teacher has decided to retire in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs. Fortunately, I'm delighted to announce that his place will be taken by none other than our own Rubeus Hagrid. Finally, on a more disquieting note at the request of the Ministry of Magic, Hogwarts will, until further notice, play host to the Dementors of Azkaban until such a time as Sirius Black is captured. The Dementors will be stationed at every entrance to the grounds. Now whilst I've been assured that their presence will not disrupt our day-to-day activities a word of caution. Dementors are vicious creatures. They'll not distinguish between the one they hunt and the one who gets in their way. Therefore, I must warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. It is not in the nature of a Dementor to be forgiving. But you know, happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light"

"That was cheery," Stuart says.

"It was so depressing I wanted to drown myself in the fondue," George says.

Once the feast had finished, the quartet ascend the stairs that lead to the entryway of the Gryffindor common rooms and dormitories. They hear the chatter of students but over that was a horrific wailing, reminiscent of a strangled cat.

"Fortuna Major. Here, listen. She just won't let me in," Seamus says.

"Fortuna Major," Harry says.

"No, no. Wait, wait. Watch this" The Fat Lady says before letting out her worst attempt yet. "Amazing. Just with my voice"

"Fortuna Major" Delilah shouts and the Fat Lady huffs.

"Yes, all right. Go in"

"Thank you. Still doing that after three years-"

"She can't even sing-"

"Exactly-"

Delilah and the three boys all go and pull on their pyjamas before regrouping in the common room, pulling out some beanbags from the small storage cupboard.

"What did McGonagall want?" George asks and Delilah shows the slip to the boys with a wide grin.

"How have you got that?" Stuart asks.

"The restricted sections have files on past and previous students," Delilah says. "And a lot of wizards or witches in the Ministry"

"Why do we need those?" Stuart asks.

"We're looking for someone," Delilah says.

"Who?" Stuart asks and Delilah pulls out the book.

"Meredith Walker," Delilah says, flipping to the back of this list. "She's the only other Banshee that's recorded to be alive on this list"

"Looks like we'll be spending a lot of time in the library," Stuart says and the twins groan.