21

The Great Hall was buzzing with life. Normally on a free period, students would be anywhere but the Great Hall but today, people were putting names in the goblet. Delilah was sitting with Stuart who was peppering her with questions about Cedric.

"Is this to make Fred jealous?" Stuart asks.

"Why would Fred be jealous?" Delilah asks, craning her neck to see the doors at the entrance of the Great Hall.

Stuart's jaw drops in shock at his friend's complete obliviousness. But Delilah paid him no mind, green orbs waiting expectantly for a perfectly styled head of brown hair accompanied by yellow robes.

"You will not believe what happened in Defence Against The Dark Arts" Hermione hisses sitting down next to Delilah who sighs.

"If it was performing the Unforgivables in a lesson, then I will believe you," Delilah says, rubbing a hand over her face.

"Did he-?"

"Kill a spider on the front of my desk consequentially causing me to write backwards on the board as a cry for help?" Delilah asks. "Then yes. That's what happened"

"Not what I was going to say," Hermione says. "But wow. There's something wrong with Moody he's-"

"Completely fucking mental?" Stuart offers and Hermione nods.

"There's a reason those curses are unforgivable, and to perform them in a classroom" Hermione shakes her head. "It's barbaric is what it is"

Loud cheers and shouts fill the Great Hall as a large group of Hufflepuffs walk into the room, surrounding Cedric like flies to honey. Delilah watches as the wizard drops a piece of parchment into the goblet before turning to face her with a wide grin. The witch grabs her bag and quickly descends her place from the temporary bleachers. Cedric wraps his arms around her, pressing a kiss to her lips.

"I've never been a fan of the drowned rat look," Delilah begins, once she pulls away. "But you pull it off well"

"Your compliments confuse me," Cedric grins. "But I'm slowly figuring you out Delilah Potter"

"And you, Cedric Diggory, are an open book,"

Harry and Stuart approach the pair who turn to face him. He offers Cedric a friendly smile before turning to Delilah.

"Everyone is going nuts for this tournament," Harry says. "But any sane person wouldn't enter. No offence Cedric"

"None taken," Cedric says.

"You need to cut your hair Harry," Delilah says. "On the topic of hair, why are none of you cutting it?"

"I am," Stuart says.

"Me too,"

"Stuart sweetie," Delilah says. "You're too smart to be categorized with the others and you, you're just pretty"

Cedric grins, wrapping his arm around Delilah's shoulder as her arm encircles his waist. Loud shouting causes them to look over to the doorway, Delilah rising on her toes to see the twins running in with a vial each.

"And we're about to see a prime example of why you two are the only smart men in the building," Delilah says. "Stuart is just smart and Cedric, well, you picked me which really is the smartest decision"

"Thank you thank you, well lads we've done it-"

"Cooked it up just this morning"

"It's not going to work" Hermione sings.

"Oh yeah? And why's that Granger?"

"You see this? This is an age line. Dumbledore drew it himself"

"So?" Fred asks.