34

Mrs Weasley stood behind Delilah, playing with the girl's hair as she stares at herself in the mirror. The girl was getting ready for Cedric's honourary dinner as he remains in his coma, the guilt from being unable to identify the boy she loved as the victim in her vision until it was too late. There was no medical explanation for Cedric's survival of the Killing Curse but that was overshadowed by the fact that he was alive.

"Do you want me to spell that for you, my dear?" Mrs Weasley motioned to the laceration and bruising on Delilah's neck.

"Someone tried to strangle me and I survived," Delilah says. "I don't need to hide that"

"Of course not," Mrs Weasley says, before beginning to practice styles on Delilah's hair. "Are we still doing your hair?"

"Of course," Delilah says with a smile and Mrs Weasley smiles.

"Today we acknowledge a terrible event. Cedric Diggory is in recovery right now but we are holding this feast in his honour as he fought valiantly trying to protect a younger student who was in danger. Cedric Diggory is a fierce, fierce friend who was willing to sacrifice everything for his friend, even though it nearly cost him his life. I think therefore you have the right to know exactly who left him in this condition. You see, Cedric Diggory was attacked by Lord Voldemort. The ministry of magic does not wish me to tell you this. But not to do so I think would be an insult to his heroism. The shock from this attack reminds me, reminds us that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events, the bonds of friendship we made this year will be more important than ever. But today we'll raise a toast to a hero who managed to survive a terrible, terrible thing"

"To Cedric,"

Delilah stares at the wall as images of Cedric in the ward of Saint Mungos fill her brain. The nurse telling her he may never wake from his coma, it was possible he may not remember her, and he may no longer be able to love her.

When everyone had once again resumed their seats, Dumbledore continued.

"The Triwizard Tournament aimed to further and promote magical understanding. In the light of what has happened - of Lord Voldemort's return - such ties are more important than ever before."

Dumbledore looked from Madame Maxime and Hagrid to Fleur Delacour and her fellow Beauxbatons students, to Viktor Krum and the Durmstrangs at the Slytherin table.

"Every guest in this Hall," said Dumbledore, and his eyes lingered upon the Durmstrang students, "Will be welcomed back here at any time, should they wish to come. I say to you all, once again - in the light of Lord Voldemort's return, we are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided. Lord Voldemort's gift for spreading discord and enmity is very great. We can fight it only by showing an equally strong bond of friendship and trust. Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open. It is my belief - and never have I so hoped that I am mistaken - that we are all facing dark and difficult times. Some of you in this Hall have already suffered directly at the hands of Lord Voldemort. Many of your families have been torn asunder. A week ago, a student was nearly taken from our midst. Remember, if the time should come when you have to choose between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave because he fought against Lord Voldemort. Now we raise our glasses again to Cedric's recovery"

Upon the event celebrating Cedric's heroism ending, Delilah approaches a weeping Mr Diggory.

"Mr Diggory," Delilah begins. "I am so sorr-"

Delilah's words are cut off by Amos' hand colliding with her face, the harsh connection ringing out through the hall. The force of the hit causes Delilah's head to rock to the side.The room falls deathly quiet as Amos Diggory breathes heavily, staring at Delilah. The witch had her hand on her cheek in an attempt to relieve the pain in her cheek which was becoming increasingly warm to the touch.