38

Delilah had left the dining room to head up to one of the lesser used rooms in the building to calm herself down. Her outright mistrust of Dumbledore may have been a mistake but it was one she didn't regret.

Delilah hears Mrs Weasley's call for food. She disapparates from the room she was in, landing in the middle of a berating from Mrs Weasley to her twin sons.

"You hungry, Harry?" Mrs Weasley asks.

"You sure you're all right, Harry? Gave us quite a turn" Mr Weasley says.

"Harry Potter,"

"Sirius" Harry runs forwards and wraps his arms around the man.

"Hope you're not about to forget about me, Harry?"

"D," Harry grins, wrapping his arms around his sister. "How come you didn't come the other day?"

"Your sister was busy breaking a loon out of St Mungo's," Moody says and Delilah flips him off behind Harry's back.

"Fuck you," Delilah mouths at the older man.

"What was that?" Harry asks his sister.

"Huh? Nothing,"

"She did the right thing Mad-Eye," Remus says. "And we can't send her back there"

"She's put herself on his radar," Mad-Eye says. "She was reckless"

"Isn't Theodore Newton in our year?" Stuart asks and Delilah nods.

"He spoke to me last year," Delilah says. "I found a book about his family and-"

Delilah pauses, her face contorting in disgust.

"Half-breed hunting" Delilah spits out.

"Isn't that what Fudge called you last year?" Harry asks.

"Yeah well, he didn't know I was there," Delilah says.

"What was he saying?" Sirius asks. "I'll turn him into a dog toy if you want"

"Not necessary," Delilah says quickly, knowing he wasn't joking.

"He wants to ship her to St Mungo's," Harry says. "But Dumbledore says she's not dangerous in any way, shape, or form"

"You didn't think to mention this?" Remus asks Delilah who shrugs.

"We've had bigger things to deal with," Delilah says. "Besides without any evidence, the Wizengamot isn't going to have a trial for a witch who poses no actual danger to society except for the word of Rita Skeeter and Fudge. Both of whom are known to talk utter bollocks"

"This is very, very peculiar," Mr Weasley says as the topic switches to Harry's impending trial. "It seems your hearing in the Ministry is to be before the entire Wizengamot"

"I don't understand. What has the Ministry of Magic got against me?" Harry says and everyone trades glances.

"Show him. He'll find out soon enough" Delilah says. "He's been attacking Dumbledore as well"

THE BOY WHO LIES?

DUMBLEDORE: DAFT OR DANGEROUS?

"Fudge is using all his power, including his influence at the Daily Prophet to smear anyone who claims the Dark Lord has returned," Remus says. "Cedric's even been slandered a couple of times"

"Why?" Harry asks.

"He thinks Dumbledore's after his job," Remus says.

"No one in their right mind could believe that-" Harry says.