71

The lane was bordered on the left by wild, low-growing brambles, and on the right was a neatly manicured hedge, not a branch or leaf was out of place. The only movement in the line was a small figure, a black cloak shrouding them. The hood of the cloak was pulled over her head, hiding the tell-tale auburn curls that rested atop her head.

Delilah turns right, stopping at the foot of a wide driveway that took her off of the lane. The high hedge curved down the driveway as Delilah stares at the imposing wrought-iron gates barring her entry to the grounds of the Manor.

The witch waves her hand over the gate, carefully removing any protection spells that may be on the gate before she begins to scale the gate. Delilah drops herself from the top of the gate, gravel crunching beneath her shoes before she steps onto the grass to conceal the sound of her footsteps.

Delilah continues her advance on the large building in front of her but she is distracted by a rustle in the hedges. The witch's hands spark red, prepared to defend herself from any oncoming threat, but the source of the noise reveals itself to be a pure white peacock, strutting almost majestically across the top of the hedge.

"What the fuck?" Delilah whispers to herself. "Who has peacocks? Swans are much more classy"

Delilah averts her eyes from the regal, white bird and focuses on the handsome manor house that was coming into her view. Lights were glinting in the diamond-paned downstairs windows. Delilah's eyes scan the house, looking for any sign of Narcissa Malfoy.

The witch is engulfed in red smoke before she finds herself in a drawing room that was empty. It was clear that there had been a meeting of some kind as a long ornate table resided in the middle of the room and other pieces of furniture were pushed carelessly against the wall.

Delilah's figure is illuminated by the fire that was crackling under a marble mantlepiece surmounted by a gilded mirror. The witch's eyes move from the house decor to something that definitely wasn't in the decorations plans.

Blood was drenching the ornate table, chunks of human flesh were mixed with the blood and a familiar necklace was in the middle of all the carnage.

"Charity Burbage," Delilah murmurs, taking the necklace and pocketing it.

The witch continues her journey through the house before she ascends the marble staircase that leads to the second floor of the house. Light coming from under a doorway catches her attention as the sound of arguing fills her ears.

"He's our son!"

"He's betrayed the Dark Lord! He allied with the Potter witch!"

"You'd really kill him?" Narcissa's tone was that of a broken woman, a crack in her voice revealing the slow breaking of her heart.

"If the Dark Lord so asked,"

Delilah stares at the black rock in her hand before she crouches down, sliding it under the door. The witch's hand glows red before all light from the room is extinguished.

"We're under attack!" Lucius shouts.

Delilah slips into the room, her eyes were unaffected by the Peruvian Instant Darkness powder. Lucius Malfoy was frantically pointing his wand in all directions as he tries to find the intruder in his house. A thud fills the air and Delilah shakes her fist as she stares at the unconscious body of Lucius Malfoy.

"Son of a bitch that hurt," Delilah mutters.

"Who are you?"

"Oh right,"

As light fills the room again, Narcissa Malfoy's eyes are locked on the hooded figure that was standing in front of her.

Gloved black hands reach up and push the hood back revealing a head of auburn curls and a face Narcissa knew well. Honey-hazel eyes examine the woman in front of her.

Narcissa Malfoy was slim and very clearly tall if she were to stand at her full height. The woman was very beautiful, there was no denying that fact. Pale, porcelain smooth skin with piercing blue eyes. Atop her head was brown hair with stark white underneath, contrasting harshly.

"Delilah Potter,"

"Narcissa Malfoy,"

"Why are you here?" Narcissa asks.

"Draco sent me to retrieve you," Delilah replies. "Thought you'd rather be, well, anywhere but here"

"He's safe?" Narcissa asks, her eyes wide and hopeful.

"Yes," Delilah nods in confirmation and the woman's posture sags as she exhales in relief.

"And you're taking me to him?"

"Yes," Delilah nods. "He lives with me and some of my friends in a safe house"

Narcissa gets to her feet before reaching under the bed and pulling out a suitcase that was clearly pre-packed.

"You been planning to leave for some time?" Delilah asks and Narcissa nods.

"I could cope with Lucius doing what he did," Narcissa replies. "I hold no love in my heart for him but Draco, he is the light of my life, when he was forced into this life to keep me safe, I knew we had to leave"

"Then let's leave,"

Delilah holds out her hand to Narcissa and the woman does not hesitate in taking it. Red smoke engulfs the two women and they are gone from the manor, leaving an unconscious Lucius Malfoy sprawled out on the floor.

"Are we-?"

"In Sirius' house?" Delilah finishes the woman's question. "We are, he left it to me in his will"

"I miss him," Narcissa confesses to the auburn-haired witch. "He was spirited and outspoken, a trait I admired and I wish I could have had. But I was scared"

"I miss him too, every single day,"