66

As the occupants of Grimmauld Place stood in the hallway processing the events of the night, silence hung in the air. A heavy sigh escapes the lips of the auburn-haired witch as her fingers trace the scar that now marred her once flawless skill. It was her reflection in the mirror that drew Delilah's attention. Her scar stretched from her temple to her jaw, narrowly avoiding the corner of her eye, and was jagged all along the way.

There was stillness and silence in the air as the trio entered the living room, like a grey cloud that was blocking the sun with a heavy blanket of silence.

Delilah sits on the sofa in the living room and Hermione sits next to the older witch before deciding to lie down, placing her head in Delilah's lap. The older witch gently strokes Hermione's hair as the younger witch takes Delilah's spare hand into her own, tracing circles absentmindedly on the back of Delilah's hand. Cedric leans forward from his position on the large sofa, grabbing the remote before turning on the television.

A crack fills the air before Kreacher appears in the trio's vision. The house elf had a tray in his hand which had a pot of tea resting on it with a jug of milk, a pot of sugar and four teacups balanced on the tray. On the side of the tea pot was an assorted array of biscuits that Kreacher had carefully laid out.

"Here you go Miss Delilah,"

"Thank you, Kreacher," Delilah smiles at the house elf.

Over the months of Delilah, Hermione and Cedric living in the Noble House of Black, they had managed to befriend Kreacher.

It had been a strenuous process but the house elf had slowly begun to change in his ways as he realised that half-blood and muggleborn witches and wizards were not inferior to purebloods. He realised that they treated him with a kindness that he had never before experienced and he quickly warmed up to the new occupants of the household.

"Kreacher, come sit," Cedric invites the house elf.

"Mister Diggory is most kind," Kreacher whispers before taking a seat next to the wizard in question.

All eyes were focused on the moving animation and the light from the screen filled the room. The auburn-haired witch had chosen a classic film and they all watch as Cinderella dances the night away in her beautiful ball gown. The only sound filling the room was the soothing tones of the blonde cartoon singing about love.

"You guys never told me what prompted Hermione to move in with us," Cedric is the one to speak first. "Did something happen with your parents?"

Silence is Cedric's response to the question and the wizard turns to Delilah who shakes her head.

"That's not my story to tell," Delilah replies.

The girl in question sits up, rubbing her eyes before she pushes her hair back.

"It's okay," Hermione says before beginning her story. "At the end of the last school year, I began to worry about my parents' safety. So I asked Delilah for a big favour. To wipe my parents' memories of the wizarding world and me"

"What?" Cedric whispers.

"They left for Australia not long after," Hermione replies. "They now have new names, new identities all of it. Delilah made sure they'd be untraceable to everyone"

"It was for the best," Delilah replies, her tone soft as Hermione rests her head back into Delilah's lap. "Sometimes the hardest decisions are"

Their conversation is interrupted by the flames in the fireplace glowing green and all of the occupants go on the defensive. Cedric and Hermione draw their wands as Delilah's hands glow red. A figure stumbles out of the fireplace, brushing soot off his clothes.

"Whoa!" Harry raises his hands in surrender. "It's just me"

"Next time send a letter to warn us!" Delilah exclaims. "You fucking idiot, you scared us all shitless"

"Sorry," Harry murmurs. "I didn't think you'd all prepare to attack me"

"After the events at the Burrow, you didn't think we'd be on the defensive?" Delilah asks her brother in disbelief at his stupidity. "I'm really glad you're intelligent Hermione or else he'd be long dead by now"

Harry ignores his sister's jibe as he sits down on one of the armchairs, making himself comfortable as he steals a biscuit off of the tray Kreacher had so caringly left out.

"Master Potter needs to learn some manners," Kreacher mumbles.

"You are so right Kreacher," Delilah nods her head in agreement with Kreacher's comment. "Yes Harry you can make yourself at home and eat the food I pay for"

"Thanks, D!" Harry replies cheekily causing the witch to throw the television remote at him.