12

"I can't believe they're going to kill Buckbeak. It's just too horrible," Hermione says and Delilah nods in agreement.

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Delilah, and Cedric were all heading down to give their support to Hagrid. Fred, George and Stuart had volunteered to keep scouring the Meredith Walker files to see if she had any connection to Euphemia or Delilah herself. How much scouring they were actually getting done was up for debate.

"It just got worse," Harry says,

Malfoy and two of his goons were standing with binoculars looking down at Hagrid's hut, laughter falling from their lips.

"What did I say? Father said I can keep the hippogriff's head" Malfoy says. "I'll donate it to the Gryffindors' room. This is going to be rich. Look who's here. Come to see the show?"

"You! You foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach!"

Delilah can't control the small smile on her face at Hermione finally standing up for herself.

Hermione points her wand under Malfoy's chin and he whimpers.

"Hermione, no!" Ron says. He's not worth it"

"Shh Ron," Delilah says. "This is about to be a core memory for all of us and the pupil is about to become the master"

"You've created a mini you?" Cedric asks.

"I've got Ginny well on the way too,"

"The thought scares me,"

They watch as Hermione turns away from Malfoy who laughs before turning and socking him straight in the nose.

"Beautiful" Delilah sighs happily. "That's ingrained in my brain forever"

"Malfoy, are you okay?"

"Let's go. Quick"

"Not a word to anyone, understood?" Malfoy snaps as they run away.

"That felt good," Hermione says, a shy smile on her lips.

"Not good, brilliant!" Ron says.

"Fucking amazing" Delilah cheers, wrapping her arms around the girl who laughs.

"Look at him. Loves the smell of the trees when the wind blows through them" Hagrid looks sadly at Buckbeak.

"Why don't we just set him free?" Harry asks.

"They'd know it was me, and then Dumbledore would get into trouble," Hagrid says. "He's coming down, Dumbledore. Says he wants to be with me when they- When it happens. Great man, Dumbledore. A great man"

"We'll stay with you too, Hagrid," Delilah says.

"You'll do no such thing!" Hagrid says. "Think I want you seeing something like that? No. You just drink your tea and be off. Oh. Before you do, Ron-"

Hagrid pulls Scabbers out of his sugar pot which causes Delilah to slyly spit her tea back into her cup and Cedric places his cup down, just about to take a sip.

"Scabbers! You're alive!" Ron says happily, taking his pet from Hagrid's hand.

"Keep a closer eye on your pets, Ron"

"I think you owe someone an apology," Hermione says.

"Right. Next time I see Crookshanks, I'll let him know"

Delilah can't control the small snort that escapes her mouth, clamping her hand over her mouth as Hermione shoots her a glare.

"I meant me!" Hermione snaps.