74

A copy of the Daily Prophet hitting her face is what wakes Delilah in the morning. The witch groans, sitting up and stretching her arms out. The witch rubs the sleep from her eyes and when her vision becomes clear, she spots Narcissa standing at the end of the bed. The older witch had her arms crossed over her chest and an unimpressed look plastered across her face.

"I hope you're happy with yourself," The woman's tone was laced with annoyance.

"What are you talking about?" Delilah's voice was hoarse from sleep.

"Have a read,"

Delilah picks up the Daily Prophet and she squints as she attempts to read the article. Her face was plastered across the front of the newspaper with UNDESIRABLE No 2 in bold letters.

UNDESIRABLE
No 2

DELILAH POTTERWANTED ALIVE

DELILAH POTTER
WANTED ALIVE

Contact the Ministry of Magic immediately if you have any information concerning her whereabouts. Failing to report will result in imprisonment.

She is believed to possibly be aiding and abetting Undesirable No. 1, her brother, Harry James Potter along with his believed accomplices; Hermione Jean Granger, a muggleborn witch, and Ronald Bilius Weasley, a known bloodtraitor.

Do not attempt to approach as she is a threat to all members of the Wizarding World. She is wanted for torture and murder so if she is spotted call the Department of Mysteries with any information. But above all do not attempt to engage with her.

REWARD
10,000 GALLEONS ON HER HEAD

"That's not good," Delilah mutters.

"You're foolish and reckless," Narcissa snaps at the younger witch.

"I did what had to be done," Delilah replies, throwing the newspaper to the side. "People don't win wars by choosing to abstain from violence"

"Unnecessary violence," Narcissa comments.

"How much blood do you think was on Rodolphus' hands?" Delilah asks. "How many innocent muggles, witches and wizards do you think he has killed?"

"So you're a vigilante now?" Narcissa's tone was mocking.

"No," Delilah shakes her head. "I'm the only one in the Order that's willing to do what we need to do, morality is not black and white. The idea of there only being good and bad is ridiculous. At some point, every 'hero' has to revert to the grey area or else they'll never survive a war. A war isn't good being triumphant over evil. Winners of a war is whoever is left standing"

"That kind of thinking is dangerous,"

"Haven't you learned yet?" Delilah asks the woman. "I am dangerous"

A clatter from downstairs draws the two witches' attention as they both run down the stairs of Grimmauld Place. Three figures covered in soot tumble out of the fireplace, landing in a heaped pile on the floor.

Delilah's hands glow red and the three figures are lifted into the air. The auburn-haired witch walks forward as she examines the figures. A bushy-haired girl, a redheaded boy and a bespectacled black-haired boy.

"When you were six years old," Delilah begins. "What did I get you for your birthday?"

"You stole clothes from a shop so I didn't have to wear all of Dudley's hand-me-downs, "Harry answers.

Delilah clenches her fist and the red glow encasing the trio fades. Hermione releases a yelp before they hit the wooden floor.

"So where have you three been hiding out?" Delilah asks. "Fleur's wedding was a week ago"

"We were hiding at Hermione's parent's place," Harry informs his sister. "But they got too close so we hid at a muggle hotel for a bit-"

"Then we saw the Daily Prophet this morning," Hermione continues. "Then the hotel got raided by Death Eaters and this is the first place we thought of"

"You're wanted for murder and torture?" Harry asks his sister who averts her eyes. "You actually-"

"It was Rodolphus Lestrange," Delilah shrugs. "Not like I killed an innocent person"

"We don't do that Delilah," Hermione says reproachfully.

"No Hermione," Delilah shakes her head. "You don't do that. You're all that is good, you have a strong conscience which means you wouldn't do anything like that. But me? I bend my morals to allow myself to do what needs to be done, you don't have to like it but you know it's what needs to happen to help us win this war"

"She's right," Harry nods in agreement with his sister. "The Death Eaters are going to be more paranoid, hiding as a precaution after what Delilah did. It will make the Horcrux hunting a hell of a lot easier"

"You're Horcrux hunting?" Delilah asks.

"You know about horcruxes?" Harry asks.

"Yeah, Dumbledore made me retrieve one," Delilah replies. "The Gaunt family ring"

"Salazar Slytherin's locket was a fake," Harry informs his sister. "We think it might be here, the initials of the note inside were R.A.B"

"Sirius' brother," Delilah states and Harry nods.

Delilah turns on her heel and makes an ascent of the stairs, Harry was quick to follow his sister. They are faced with a door that had the initials R.A.B on the front of the door, engraved on a golden plaque.

"What happened to Regulus?" Harry asks.

"He drank the potion that Dumbledore drank," Delilah informs her brother. "He tried to drink the water of the lake and the inferi dragged him into the lake. Kreacher believes Regulus now is one of the inferi that resides in the lake"

"Where is the locket now?"

"It was stolen," Delilah replies.

"By who?"

"Mundungus Fletcher,"