13

"Vengeance is sweet. How I hoped I'd be the one to catch you"

"Severus-"

"I told Dumbledore you were helping a friend into the castle. Here's the proof. Along with Miss Potter and Mr Diggory here who are clearly protecting you"

"Brilliant, Snape" Sirius says. "You've put your keen mind to the task and come to the wrong conclusion. If you'll excuse us, Remus and I have business to attend to"

Snape raises his wand once again causing Cedric and Delilah to block his direct line to Sirius and Lupin. The two teenagers had their wands pointed at their potions professor, prepared to do what was necessary to protect Sirius and Lupin so they could finally avenge Delilah's parents.

"Give me a reason. I beg you!"

"Don't be a fool," Lupin says.

"He can't help it. It's a habit"

"Sirius be quiet!"

"Be quiet yourself, Remus!"

"You two, quarrelling like an old married couple" Snape sneers in disgust.

"Why don't you run along and play with your chemistry set!"

"I could do it, you know. But why deny the Dementors? They're so longing to see you. Do I detect a flicker of fear? Oh, yes. A Dementor's Kiss. One can only imagine what that must be like. It's said to be nearly unbearable to witness, but I'll do my best."

"Severus, please."

"After you,"

Snaps flicks his head at Delilah, signalling her to get out of his way. Delilah refuses, raising her wand to the professor's face, causing him to do the same. Rage boils over in Harry, seeing Snape's wand in Delilah's face, causing him to react to the perceived threat quickly.

"Expelliarmus!" Harry shouts

All watch as Snape is blasted back by the force of Harry's spell. The man crashes into the four-poster bed, causing parts of it to collapse as the professor lies there unconscious.

"Harry! What did you just do?" Ron asks.

"You attacked a teacher!"

"And wasn't it brilliant?!" Delilah exclaims. "I taught him so well"

"Tell me about Peter," Harry says.

"He was at school with us. We thought he was our friend!"

"No. Pettigrew's dead. You killed him!"

"No, he didn't. I thought so too until you mentioned Pettigrew on the map! And Delilah mentioned hearing rats"

"The map was lying, then," Harry says.

"The map never lies! Pettigrew's alive! And he's right there!"

Sirius points at Ron who gapes in shock, looking between the other teenagers in the room.

"Me?! He's mental!"

"Not you! Your rat!"

"The rat-" Delilah murmurs.

"Scabbers has been in our family for-" Ron trails off with a frown.

"Twelve years?" Sirius guesses and Ron nods. "Curiously long life for a common garden rat! He's missing a toe, isn't he?"

"So what?" Ron asks, clearly not catching on.

"All they could find of Pettigrew was his-"

"Finger!" Sirius exclaims. "Dirty coward cut it off so everyone would think he was dead! And then he transformed into a rat!"