49

Delilah stares at the picture frame that was lying on top of her bed. Her eyes were drawn to her father who had a wide grin on his face as he holds young Delilah close. The image was the one thing she was debating packing to take back to Hogwarts with her.

"Your dad always dreamt of having a daughter," Sirius interrupts the silence. "He spoilt you rotten from the moment you were born. Anything you so much as looked at he bought for you"

"My parents had me very young," Delilah replies.

"Lily fell pregnant during our final year at Hogwarts," Sirius sits on the bed next to Delilah. "She freaked out. Majorly. But then when it finally sunk in, she knew that she would love the baby. She knew she would love you. But your father was elated from the very beginning. He was the one to name you, held you before Lily did"

"Was she pregnant when she died?" Delilah asks and Sirius stares at her in surprise.

"How-"

"When I was there, I felt another death," Delilah replies. "But it was different"

"How so?"

"It wasn't like when I felt my parents die that night," Delilah replies. "I can't explain it. It felt like someone had blown out a candle rather than a life. I-"

"I understand," Sirius nods as if to prove his point. "Lily was only five weeks along, the discovery was only a couple of days before-"

"Voldemort killed them," Delilah finishes.

"TIME TO GO!" Mrs Weasley's bellow fills the halls of Grimmauld Place.

"Do we have to get that bloody bus?" Ron moans as Delilah and Sirius descend the stairs of Grimmauld Place.

"Yes and mind your language, Ronald Weasley!" Mrs Weasley snaps at her son.

Delilah turns to Sirius who had his arms extended out to her. The auburn-haired witch wraps her arms around him, holding him tightly.

"Woah, you'll see me in the summer," Sirius laughs.

"I know," Delilah replies. "I'm just going to miss you"

"I'll miss you too kid, more than you know," Sirius replies, pressing a kiss to the crown of her head. "But you've got chaos to cause remember?"

"Come on Delilah," Mrs Weasley calls and the witch rolls her eyes.

"See you soon," Sirius calls after the auburn-haired witch.

Delilah stands next to Remus as they wait for everyone to join them. Once everyone was accounted for, Remus extends his right hand. A loud bang causes everyone to stumble back as a violently purple triple-decker bus appears in front of them, narrowly avoiding the group of wizards.

"If it isn't Delilah Potter," Stan leers disgustingly down at the witch.

The auburn-haired witch grimaces in disgust as the twins, Cedric, Harry and Stuart step forward, staring the conductor down. Stan stares at the five wizards who all had their arms crossed over their chests and were staring at him intimidatingly.

"Got yourself a nice pack of guard dogs haven't you girly?" Stan continues.

"I'd watch your mouth Stan," Delilah comments. "I don't need any man to protect me from anyone. I'm much more terrifying than these five combined and then some"

"Oh real-"

Stan's words are cut off by a red glow encasing his lips, sealing them shut as Delilah offers him a wide grin.

"You were saying?" Delilah places her hand to her ear. "Silence is so beautiful sometimes"

Delilah breezes past Stan who was trying to pull his lips apart. The witch laughs as she ascends the stairs of the bus.

"Alright D," Remus sighs. "Let him speak"

"If you insist," Delilah sighs, waving her hand.

"Now listen here-"

Uproarious laughter fills the entirety of the bus as Stan's mouth slams shut, voluntarily this time. His voice sounded like it was on helium amplified as his face flushes a deep shade of red.

Delilah's eyes move to where Remus was attempting to suppress his amusement but even he couldn't control the shaking of his shoulders.

The journey to King's Cross was a short one that Stuart spent with his head in a bucket, his skin a sickly shade of green much to the amusement of Delilah.

The teenagers had spent the entire journey back either sleeping or plotting Umbridge's demise. With Delilah as the leader of the latter group, it was evident that her plans got more and more outrageous as time went by, leading to many scandalised exclamations of her name.