45

In the sessions of Dumbledore's army, Delilah had taken Neville under her wing. As Harry taught the students on the other side of the room, Delilah was teaching Neville the disarming spell.

"Neville you can do this," Delilah says, her wand in her hand. "The only thing stopping you is whatever is going on in that head of yours. So take a breath, clear your mind and then cast the spell"

Neville closes his eyes, taking in a deep breath before exhaling. His eyes open, a determined look had set itself on his face.

"Ready?" Delilah asks.

"Expelliarmus,"

Neville flicks his wand and a look of defeat falls on his face which is quickly overcome by joy when Delilah's wand flies from her hand, hitting the floor with a clatter. The sound of the clatter reverberates through the room and all eyes turn to Neville and Delilah who had wide grins on their faces. Delilah is quick to embrace the boy, a proud grin shining on her face.

"Well done Neville," Delilah says before pulling away as everyone rushes over to congratulate him.

"So my brother's not entirely a lost cause?" Stuart asks and Delilah elbows him in the gut.

Harry approaches where the quintet stood and turns to Draco.

"I think you should join the Inquisitorial Squad," The bespectacled boy's words surprised everyone in the hearing vicinity. "So if Umbridge ever finds out about the group you can send us a warning and we can scatter"

"You know," Draco begins. "You're not as dumb as you look"

"Thanks?"

The students had formed a large circle around the duelling dummy and were hitting it with spells.

"Reducto!"

Ginny's spell was so forceful that it sent everyone's hair flying back. The dummy disintegrates before their very eyes before everyone looks at the girl.

"I'm so proud," Delilah wipes a fake tear away. "She's displacing her anger in an unhealthy way"

Another dummy was put in place, once again being fired around the circle.

"You're going to ruin the fun, aren't you?" Cedric asks.

"As much as I love Ginny," Delilah replies. "I can't let her show me up so yes"

The dummy turns to Delilah whose wand was in her boot as she whispers the incantation. Draco and Cedric's eyes widen in shock as they notice a red shimmer in Delilah's eyes.

"Bombarda,"

Most of the students hit the deck as the training dummy explodes into a thousand pieces. The unlucky few who had remained standing were blown back by the force of the spell.

The auburn-haired witch and Hermione are quick to react. With a wave of Delilah's hand and a flick of Hermione's wand, beanbags quickly move to land under the students who were crashing towards the ground. All eyes turn to Delilah who had a wide grin on her face.

"That's how it's done," The witch's voice has a humorous tone before she dips into a bow.

The class had ended that day and Delilah's eyes move to where Cho Chang was staring sadly at a photo of her father who had died over the summer.

Her eyes then move to where Harry was approaching the girl as Fred and George go to approach him. Delilah grabs the two by the scruff of their collars, yanking them back.