48

The dream walking lessons were hard and were taking a toll on Delilah's physical health. Once again, she drifted through the hallways of Grimmauld Place like a ghost.

Her lessons were becoming more successful with each passing day but she had become slightly withdrawn. Especially upon Harry's return to the household.

Harry was hurt by his sister's avoidance of him but that was nothing compared to the guilt he felt when her agonised cries filled his ears.

When he had seen the blood tricking from her eyes, fear shot through him. A fear of himself and the harm he could cause his sister. His sister who had loved and cared for him through the past fifteen years of his life.

Christmas Day had befallen them and Molly Weasley had outdone herself on the feast she had prepared for the large group of witches and wizards that were celebrating the festive season together.

Wrapping paper was scattered across the table and floor as thank you's are exchanged between the group.

Delilah had been meticulous in her gift picking as she didn't have much else to do to pass the time. She had spent a lot of money but seeing everyone's faces light up in sheer joy was the only compensation the auburn-haired witch needed.

Delilah held a special love for Christmas in her heart but staring down at the plate of food in front of her, her festive mood was almost nonexistent.

As everyone indulges themselves, Delilah pushes her food around her plate before she waves her hand, cleaning the plate instantly.

The witch sighs, getting to her feet before heading towards the door that leads to the stairs.

"Delilah dear, where are you going?" Mrs Weasley asks.

"I need some air," Delilah's response is short.

Molly opens her mouth to ask another question but before she can, Delilah is gone with a pop.

Delilah takes in the small village around her before she walks to the graveyard. The gate creaks loudly as the girl pushes it open.

Her eyes scan the graves until her eyes move to a statue in the centre of the yard. Two adults, an infant in the woman's arms and a young girl clinging to the man.

Lily and James Potter
30th January 1960 - 31st October 1981
27th March 1960 - 31st October 1981
Gone but never forgotten

There was a little plaque beneath the engraving of her parents' names and Delilah brushes the snow away before crouching down to read the words.

Harry and Delilah Potter
31st July 1980 - ?
20th January 1978 - ?
Two angels forever in our prayers for a safe return

The hedge was massively overgrown which happens after being left untended for fourteen years. There was rubble still scattered all over the ground from the blast of the dark curse. Most of the cottage was still standing but it was entirely covered in ivy and the season's snow that had fallen the past few nights.

Delilah's eyes move to the right side of the top floor where the roof was almost entirely nonexistent.

Delilah begins to walk forwards, the crunch of snow under her boots and her deep, shivering breaths being the only noise that fills her ears.