26

A Saturday had befallen the students which meant most of the students no longer occupied the building, making their escape from the school's grounds to the small village of Hogsmeade.

Unfortunately for the twins, they did not escape the castle for this weekend as they had been dragged to the library by the other half of their quartet. Delilah and Stuart searched the entire library, grabbing any books on Banshees that could possibly contain information.

Fred and George's eyes had widened in horror when a huge stack of at least twenty books had been dumped on the table they were sitting at.

What had lightened their spirits was the book she had purchased that covered funny pranks such as non-harmful jinxes and hexes for your friends. The girl had only promised to allow the twins read the book but only after they had sorted through the books they needed to read first. They bargained and for every book they read a temporary break was in order which allowed Delilah to read one prank spell to the twins and produce product ideas.

"How are you doing with getting the keys?" Delilah asks Stuart.

"Jameson is there," Stuart says. "I'll go and get them now"

"What about this?" Delilah asks. "Turns you into a canary"

"I don't know," Fred says. "How would we-"

"I've already come up with a product so don't crush my dreams Frederick," Delilah says, spinning her notebook to reveal a page of detailed analysis and marketing ideas. "Canary creams. Boom"

"That's brilliant," George says.

"I thought you guys were supposed to be reading,"

"Stuart, shush," George retorts and the bespectacled boy huffs.

"You eat them, they turn you into a canary," Delilah says. "You can use it on a family member or an enemy and poof"

"What else have you got?"

"I was thinking," Delilah says. "You've got to appeal to more than just pranksters-"

"How?" George asks. "Pranks are hard to make more generalisable"

"You have to know your crowd," Delilah says before flipping a few pages. "I present to you the Wonder Witch line. You'll have a wider clientele with this because both women and teenage girls will buy them. I already worked out the cost-to-profit ratio and it's definitely worth the cost. Look"

Delilah shows them her workings as the boys' faces light up. Even Stuart places the book down, his eyes intrigued by Delilah's idea.

"Holy mother of Merlin," Fred says. "You're brilliant, I could kiss you"

"No,"

"I'm going to go and look for some other books," Delilah says, clearing her throat, feeling awkward as Fred goes bright red.

Delilah begins walking through the library before she feels drawn to a small aisle where a book is laid open on the floor.

Delilah walks over to pick it up and glances at the page, there's a photo of a group of Wizards in the twenties with a werewolf head on the wall.

THE NEWTON FAMILY AND THE HUNTING OF HALF BREED WIZARDS

The Newton family are famous in the Wizarding World, they are highly respected and are part of the sacred 28. The Newton ancestors were infamous for their hunting of half breeds and other anomalies in the Wizarding World. Their most enjoyed hunt was the Banshee which is why there is such a limited number left in the world. In 1957, with the help of the famous Magizoologist, Newt Scamander, the hunting of half breeds and anomalies was outlawed under the protection act 1957. The Newtons were one of many old Wizarding families who protested this Act along with notable families like the Malfoy family and the Rookwoods.

This Act also decreed that half breeds and anomalies were allowed the same job rights as pure wizards and were protected from being hunted, erasing all supremacy and prejudice. Newt Scamander was bestowed Order of Merlin first class for his activism in the protection of all wizards.

It is rumoured that the Newtons still hunt half breeds and anomalies but there is no proof of these accusations.

Delilah gasps when a hand clamps on her shoulder and she turns to see Theodore Newton before looking at the page again.

"They're false you know," Theodore says. "The rumours about my family still hunting"

"That's good to know," Delilah says nervously, not trusting the boy in front of her, something about him gave her a bad vibe.

"Hey D!" Stuart calls. "I got the keys to the ice rink, let's go!"

"Nice to meet you," Delilah says, grabbing the book and quickly checking it out.

"Right we get changed and meet here in an hour," Stuart says.

"An hour?" Fred asks.

"For D," Stuart says.

"It takes time to look this good," Delilah says before walking up the steps to the girl's dorm.

The quartet accompanied by Cedric finally get to the skating rink after the boys' complaining had finally made Delilah descend with an angry huff.

Upon arriving at the skating rink, Delilah inspected the skates before picking out the ones that were in the best condition. She sits on the bleachers that were surrounding the skating rink before kicking off her shoes and sliding the skates on, quickly lacing them up.

"Have you skated before?" Delilah asks Cedric.

"No," The oy's tone was uncertain and Delilah grins.

"You'll just have to get your ice legs. Like this"

Delilah skates out to the middle of the rink before spinning elegantly, she then proceeds to skate over to a stunned Cedric.

"Come on," Delilah says, taking Cedric's hand before beginning to skate around the rink.

Cedric grins as Delilah skates backwards, keeping eye contact with him.

"George and I are going to see about getting some food," Fred calls. "You good on your own?"

"Yeah, Cedric and I will skate,"

"Whatever" Fred grumbles, his face turning sour.

Fred and George slip and slide across the ice before stumbling out of the rink.

Delilah frowns, spotting wilted flower petals on the floor. She crouches down and begins following the petals on the floor to find a wilted flower.

Delilah begins cleaning the top of the ice to see a man with closed eyes. His face was pale, his nose was two slits and all of his veins were visible in his face. He barely looked human and Delilah frowns before letting out a scream when his eyes shoot open and he begins to violently thrash.

"Lilah?" Cedric drops to his knees next to her and drops down next to her trying to pull her away from the ice.

The twins and Stuart run in and Cedric looks up at them as Delilah cries in his arms.

"He's coming back" Delilah sobs. "He's coming back"