24

Delilah leans against the railing of the astronomy tower watching as the students drift about their lives. She had lost count of how many Daily Prophet newspapers she had seen in the past twenty minutes but she swore they were multiplying.

"Hey,"

Delilah jumps at the sound of Cedric's voice, smacking her head against the railing. The Hufflepuff raises his eyebrows as a slew of expletives leaves the girl's mouth.

"You have an expansive range of vocabulary," The boy comments, sitting next to her. "You didn't even use Merlin's name"

"Muggle swear words pack a bit more of a punch," Delilah replies, rubbing her forehead.

"How are you holding up?" Cedric asks.

"I don't know if I'm mad or hurt,"

"Probably both," Cedric comments. "A person can feel more than one emotion at a time 'Lilah"

"As soon as I read the title, I knew what was coming from most of the student population," Delilah sighs.

"I mean I think you scared half of them out of their wits,"

"Ah if you used muggle words, you'd say 'scared them shitless'," Delilah says. "Packs more of a punch, see?"

"Don't avoid the topic,"

"You changed the subject!"

"That is- That's fair," Cedric gives her a small smile. "But talk to me, come on"

"I guess I thought Fred was a good enough friend that he wouldn't say or even think that about me," Delilah sighs.

"From what I hear, he's in bits about the whole thing," Cedric asks.

"I might let him stew for a bit," Delilah grins.

"What, keep him scared shitless?" Cedric asks and Delilah gasps.

"You're learning!"

"Come on, we're going out," Cedric offers her his hand.

"Where?"

"Hogsmeade,"

"Hold on then," Delilah waves her wand and Cedric watches as her clothes morph into a casual outfit. "Ah much better"

"What about me?"

Delilah sighs playfully, waving her wand before pointing it at Cedric. The boy stares at her unimpressed as a yellow sundress appears on his body.

"You're no fun,"

Delilah waves her wand and Cedric watches his clothes morph into a casual outfit. He shoots Delilah an approving grin before offering her his arm which she takes happily.

Delilah kept her eye out for Filch or any meowing that was indicative of his demon cat. She leads Cedric to a small doorway and knocks on the door three times. Cedric watches as the door creaks open to reveal a corridor he didn't know existed.

"Wh-?"

"Found it a few years ago," Delilah answers Cedric's question. "Leads to where the carriage point is, then Hogsmeade is what a ten/twenty-minute walk?"

Delilah enters the passageway, and Cedric remains closely behind. The passageway was dark so Cedric waves his wand, the light illuminating the corridor.

"That's cute," Delilah taunts the boy before grabbing the horn of one of the gargoyles.

The witch pulls it down before knocking the knocker that was in its mouth and the reaction was instant. All of the torches that lined the wall then illuminated the corridor with the soft, orange light of the flickering glow of fire.

"Okay, show-off," Cedric grumbles, putting his wand away.

"Did I bruise your ego?" Delilah teases, pinching his cheeks and he swats her hands away with a grin.

They get to the end of the passageway and Cedric looks around confused. Delilah walks past him and places her hand on the wall. The brick moves under her hand.

"Step back,"

Cedric does as Delilah tells him, a ladder narrowly missing him as it drops from the ceiling. Delilah is quick to scale the ladder and Cedric follows behind, his eyes focused solely on his view from above.

Delilah pushes open a manhole before climbing out as Cedric gives her foot a boost.

"You and your little legs," Cedric huffs out a laugh.

"Careful Diggory," Delilah warns. "I can kick you down this ladder"

Cedric laughs as he pulls himself out and Delilah watches unashamedly as his muscles move in the top, flexing as he lifts himself up.

"So what do you want to do?"

"So," Delilah turns to face Cedric. "I know the plan was Hogsmeade but-"

"But what?"

"I'm thinking of something slightly more fun," Delilah grins, grabbing his hand and pulling him after her.

"When you said fun, the forbidden forest wasn't what I had in mind," Cedric replies.

"Scared to break the rules?"

"No, but if I'm caught we lose the prefect bathroom," Cedric says.

"That is a good room," Delilah ponders. "No one can walk in, unlike your dorm. However, you're going to like this"

Delilah gets to a small cave that had foliage covering the entrance which she pushes to the side. When they enter the cave, they are hit with a blast of warm steam.

"What is this?"

"A hot spring silly," Delilah shakes her head. "The best place I ever found. I come here all the time, it's like my safe space"

"You've let me come to your safe space?"

"This isn't my safe space anymore," Delilah replies. "You are"

Cedric's face breaks into a wide grin before he leans down pressing his lips to Delilah's and the witch returns the kiss. In that moment the world faded away, there was no sadness, no pain, nothing but Delilah and Cedric.

"You ready to go for a swim?" Delilah asks, pulling her top over her head.

"Most definitely,"