Urbosa

"Ms. Hyrule," the professor says in a calm voice and I see Link's head being the last to turn towards me. "Your phone?"

I notice the buzzing coming from my backpack and quickly dive my hand inside to find my phone. Someone is calling me but I decline before I can see the name on the screen.

"I'm sorry," I apologize to the professor and to the class as I clutch my phone.

I don't need a mirror to know that my face is glowing red. How embarrassing... This is the first time my phone rang during class and I will make sure it was the last. As everyone returns their eyes to their books I can feel that one person still has their eyes on me. In a subtle motion, I turn my head toward my shoulder to look behind me. Link is silently looking back at me. Did he hear my name? He must have. Now he knows who I really am. Another person seeing my family's fame and wealth when looking at me. I wonder if he just noticed me for the first time.

I turn back, determined to focus on class, unlike Mipha, who is doodling hearts into her notebook. And not the human hearts we are discussing. I can feel the annoyance weighing on my shoulders again but I shake it off, knowing that I will pass every test with an A, no matter how many distractions I have to endure.

I make it through the entire lab without wasting another thought on Link or Mipha. Or anything unrelated to Biology. That was my last class for the day, so I have time to stop in the hallway to see who called me. Just as I unlock my phone, Link passes and our eyes meet again. 

He doesn't say anything, his eyes just attach to me as he walks out of the classroom and down the hall. The way he looks at me brings the order in my head to crumble. He doesn't smile, but he doesn't look angry either. I can't pinpoint what he's thinking and it's driving me mad. I am the first to look away, back at my phone.

I have one missed call and three new messages from Impa. I'm a little annoyed, she knew I had a class and still bothered to call me. My anger is replaced by fear when I read her messages.

*SOS*

*Answer your phone!*

*Your dad found out!*

In hopes that this is just a misunderstanding, I call her back with a horrible trembling in my hands.

"Zelda!" She answers quickly.

"What do you mean he found out?" I ask worried.

"He knows about your major!" My heart sinks to my stomach. "I walked past him when he was talking to one of the politics professors about your grades, but the professor was confused, obviously, and told him that you aren't in any of his classes."

"This is bad," I whisper into my phone. "This is really really bad."

"I'm sure he's checked your major by now. He seemed really mad."
"This is bad," I say again.

"Where are you right now?"

"Biology," is all I manage to say.

"I'm coming, stay where you are."

Impa hangs up and I feel the floor moving like ruthless waves beneath my feet. Panic is slowly kicking in but my mind is fighting to keep calm. I've never lied to Father, not like this. I'm scared of the consequences. Although I'm sure he won't expel me I still fear the argument we'll be having at dinner. 

On days like these I miss Mother painfully much. I don't have many memories of her, but I remember that she always encouraged me to follow my heart. Ever since she passed away, her best friend Urbosa has been there for me when I had problems or heartaches.