Dread

"What's going on here?" I ask Link when we drive up the college road. It's a Saturday night but the campus seems to be booming with life.

"There are a couple of games scheduled for tonight. Men volleyball, a cross country meet, and women soccer," he informs me.

"I've been meaning to ask... How did your game go today?"

I'm so uninterested in sports that I completely forgot to ask about his tournament.

"Good," he answers.

"Did you win?"

"Isn't that implied?"

"I suppose."

"How was the beach?"

"Great. I surfed," I say proudly. "I mean, I tried. That should count for something."

Link takes me to the dorms and helps me take the helmet off. We are parked right next to my car and try to hurry quietly, careful not to be seen or heard by any residents.

"Thanks for driving me," I say when it's time to say goodnight.

He doesn't even take his helmet off, making it easier not to kiss him out of instinct. He gives me a nod and soon after he drives off. I open the door to my car but hesitate to get in. I want to make sure Impa is not hungover. Since I'm already here I should probably go check on her.

My text doesn't get a reply and when a group of girls open the door to the building I decide to sneak in with them. I haven't been here before but it is surprisingly easy to make out Impa's room; its door is plastered by posters and stickers of her favorite band. I knock at the door and wait. It opens fairly quickly, but Impa is not the face that greets me.

"Zelda?" Paya whispers with a bashful smile.

"Paya? Sorry, I... I thought Impa lived here."

"She does," Paya says quietly.

Wow, imagining Impa and Paya as roommates is almost as hard as imagining Link and Revali as roommates.

"Great, can I come in?"

"Of course," Paya steps aside to let me enter. One side of the room is neat and clean, the other not so much. No sign of Impa though.

"Where is she?" I ask the shy girl.

"Impa is at a frat party," she tells me.

I should have known. At least that tells me that Impa is feeling good enough to be partying.

"Will you tell her that I stopped by?"

"Okay."

"Thanks," I smile and leave the room again. Bummer. I would have liked to see Impa and hang out for a few minutes since we didn't spend much time together yesterday.

I head back to my car and drive away from the dorms, grateful not having walked into Mipha. I hope Sidon didn't tell her that I was meeting with Link. I let her go on and on about her feelings for him today and managed to keep our secret. It would be hard to explain the whole thing and appear innocent at the same time.

I come to a halt at the first stop sign. If I go left I will drive toward home, if I go right I will drive up to campus. A car approaches me from behind and I have to make a turn. Heedlessly, my car turns right and I am driving up the road. I just want to stop by and say hi to Urbosa, I'm assuming she'll be at the cross country meet.

The parking lot is occupied by multiple buses from other universities and cars of spectators and the athlete area looks busier than I've ever seen it.