Sooga and Kohga

"Before we end today's lecture I am going to return your pop quizzes," Professor Astor says to the class.

I've been anxious to receive my results for a couple of weeks now, I hope I did good. I am still trying to make up for my horrible first impression.

"Disappointing. Insufficient. Dissatisfying," I hear him say to the individuals he passes to hand them their paper. He finally stops in front of Pik and me.

"Well done," the professor says to Pik, joy lacking in his tone whatsoever.

Pik accepts his perfect score with a nod of gratitude. When I am given my paper I don't receive any comment. Professor Astor doesn't even look at me when he drops my quiz on my lap and walks back to the center of the room.

While I stare at my points Pik hands me a little note.

*Wow! Not bad, Hyrule!*

He is holding both thumbs up. I wish I could force a smile but he'd know it's fake.

"What's wrong?" He mouths without a sound.

"It seems, as low as my expectations were, I was overly optimistic," the professor spits at his students. "I don't need supernatural powers to look into the future... If you continue like this, you will all fail next week's exam."

*It's not good enough,* I write on Pik's note when Professor Astor isn't looking. Pik reads it over my shoulder, then, with a puzzled face, his eyes settle on my grade. He shrugs and shakes his head, unable to comprehend why my 92 points don't satisfy me.

*I need a perfect score* I add to my reply.

If this quiz had been an actual test I could say farewell to my dreams. Pik is writing something again.

*A 92 is really good though. Getting a perfect score in Astor's class is almost impossible. I am one of the rare exceptions* Pik replies. I can sense his confidence even when he writes something on a tiny sticky note.

I close my folders and books and push them into my bookbag, letting out a long sigh when the teacher finally dismisses us. Once Pik and I have left the planetarium we are able to speak again without getting in trouble.

"You didn't seem happy about your 92," Pik notes.

"It should have been a 100. I studied really hard for it."

"Why is a perfect score so important? A 92 is excellent, and it's still an A-."

I just nod. I don't feel like explaining myself to him. He puts his hand on my shoulder and smiles.

"Keep your head up, it was just a pop quiz, it doesn't count toward your final grade."

"No, I know that. But we have our first big exam next week and I have to get a 100."

"Why?"

"I just have to, okay?"

"Okay," he raises his hands in surrender. "Go to the tutoring center then."

I'm a bit surprised that he isn't offering to tutor me himself but I suppose after weeks of brushing him off, he has finally given up on studying with me.

"See you next week," he says without making any more conversation and walks away from me.

It's odd. Ever since I ran into him at the aquarium he has been acting different. He is no longer flirty and while he isn't necessarily cold either I can tell that he is trying to be more distant.

Even if he still sits next to me in class and writes notes to me, as soon as we leave the planetarium he goes his own way. At first I thought he was upset that I was with Link but he hasn't brought it up once. And as far as I know he hasn't told anyone else either. Which means that my secret is safe. For now. The only people who know about it are Pik, Riju, Urbosa, Daruk, Revali, and Impa. I have to be careful not to extend that list any further.