Sidon

"How did she do?" Sidon asks Mipha as they are storing the surfboards in the back of his truck.

"She did great," Mipha says, considerately hiding the fact that we were tanning and chatting the majority of the time.

I'm a few feet away from them, checking my phone for new messages from Link. He says he will pick me up at the pier at 6 PM. I don't know how I did it, but I managed to keep our date a secret all day long, despite the prolonged discussion about Mipha's feelings for him.

"Zelda!" a guy calls my name and Sidon, Mipha, and I turn around to see three guys with surfboards walking up to us.

"Armes! Fin!" I greet them with a surprised smile.

"What are you doing here?" Fin asks me curiously.

"Surfing," I say casually.

"Dope," Armes looks impressed.

They stop in front of me and acknowledge Mipha and Sidon with a friendly nod.

"What's up, I'm Fin," Fin introduces himself to the siblings. "These are my friends Armes and Russ."

"Oh yeah, I saw you doing a pretty advanced rodeo flip earlier," Sidon praises Fin. "Are you a snowboarder?"

"I am! Thanks, man! Russ and I both snowboard. What about you guys?" Fin asks us.

I quickly shake my head from side to side. Any winter sport sounds scary to me, I don't get those people who would voluntarily tie their feet to a plank and hurl themselves down a mountain. They are all mental adrenaline junkies.

"I ski," Mipha affirms Fin's question. No offense Mipha, but I stand by what I said.

"Recommend any ski runs?" Russ asks her.

Optically, Russ is the complete opposite of Fin and Armes. He is blonde and pale, and a bit shorter than his friends.

"Are you familiar with the White Bark Ridge?" Mipha says to Russ.

"Shut up!" Russ' eyes sparkle and Fin looks just as thrilled. "Fin and I actually own a small business in Mammoth Lakes! We sell snowboards and some other equipment."

"Wait, Mammoth Lakes? As in Mammoth Mountain?" I ask, my brows drawn together and my head tilted.

"Have you been there?" Fin asks.

"My family owns a lodge up there," I mutter.

The three guys gape at me with their mouths wide open.

"Well then you should join us on the slopes this season," Fin suggests but I have to decline his kind invitation.

"I don't ski," I say.

"Doesn't matter! We'll teach ya!" Fin says confidently.

"Oh, I don't know," I shrink. I'm not a huge fan of the cold. Or getting into life threatening situations.

"You don't even have to ski with us, there are plenty of other things to do in Mammoth Lakes. And then during the evenings we could all go out for drinks," Russ suggests to the group.

Drinks? Are they even 21 yet?

"I'll consider it," I say with a smile. It's the same thing I said to Pik, and just like I did back then, I already know I will not agree to it. Hopefully Fin isn't as good at detecting my lies as Pik.

"That's better than a no," Fin notes, satisfied.

"Hey, are you guys down for some beach volleyball?" Sidon asks us.