Valentine's Day

(This bonus chapter is my Christmas gift to all of you ^^ I thought you'd enjoy a Zelink Valentine's Day chapter hehe. Merry Christmas my lovely readers!)

—--

February 14th. All these years I rolled my eyes at this day, thinking to myself that my classmates should focus on the teacher and the subject, rather than to ogle their crush and pass notes around. I would get so vexed, I nearly threw a tantrum each year. Impa always said I was jealous of all the couples at our school. That annoyed me even more. Looking back, maybe I did envy them in a certain way.

But that's in the past. Now is the present and the present gives me butterflies. I can't wait to spend the day with Link. Baseball season has started, so we haven't been able to see each other as much as we want to but when it comes to him it's worth the wait. Even though we didn't plan anything special, I'm sure the day will be absolutely perfect, especially since we didn't plan anything special. With Link, anything is a fun adventure. I don't need fancy dinners or a dozen roses. I just need him.

He told me to come over to the frat house after school. My guess? We will play some Mario kart, cuddle, and eat dinner at the house. Hopefully he is planning on cooking for us. I miss his food.

Father is gone for business. Somewhere in Asia. For once I am happy that he is gone during a holiday. I've already informed Cado and the maid; Link will spend the night. This time they weren't bribed to keep it a secret. They weren't asked to keep it a secret at all. I don't want to go behind Father's back like that or risk anyone getting fired. If Father finds out, I will take the blame. Oddly enough, I am not too worried about it. I even imagined this one scenario where Father comes home early and finds Link in my bed. For some reason that thought makes me laugh.

After my last class for the day, I drive home to change into a cute dress and do my hair. Maybe a touch of makeup won't hurt. When I'm done getting ready, I grab the little box of chocolate from the kitchen island and drive to the frat house.

I ring the bell and wait. The porch is littered with red cups and empty beer bottles from last night's party. I am so glad I don't have to deal with that stuff anymore. When the door opens, I grin up at the guy until, half a second later, I register that it is Revali. His eyes scan me up and down without as much as a hello.

"Hey Revali," I force him to greet me.

"Hi," he mumbles and steps aside so I can enter.

"Is Link home yet?"

"I don't know?" He shrugs. His face is nearly completely healed. Only one tiny cut remains above his eyebrow. Maybe it will turn into a small scar. His eyes fall to the chocolate and his hands immediately snatch it out of my grip. "What's this?" He asks, purposefully holding it out of my reach.

"Chocolate," I answer, stretching for the little box of sweets. "For Link."

"Why's it in Latin?"

"It's German you doofus," I reach the box and tuck on it. He raises it even higher, keeping it in his secure grip. "In Japan, the girl gives the guy chocolate for Valentine's Day," I explain.

"Valentine's Day?" He arches his brow, then the realization hits him. "Shit."

"Everything okay?" I ask. 

"Yeah, why wouldn't it be?" He says coolly.

"I don't know. Maybe you forgot to get a Valentine's Day gift for a certain swimmer girl with burgundy hair?"

"Valentine's Day is overrated. I don't need a holiday to tell a girl that I like her. It's so dumb how men spend money on flowers that literally die after a week. What kind of a message is that?"