Please stop!

"Don't hit her," I gasp, just in time to stop Ganon's assault.

"Back off," he barks without looking at me, then pushes Malice against the wall.

Just looking at this guy gives me chills. Many bruises are scattered across his face but all I see are Link's injuries and the man who caused them. Ganon bites down on his bottom lip and tenses his jaw. He doesn't even care that I'm here, he's going to hit her anyway.

"I'll call campus security if you hit her one more time," I warn. My phone has no battery, but he doesn't need to know that.

"Go away Zelda," Malice hisses spitefully.

Antagonizing tramp, I glare at her. Doesn't she understand that I'm trying to help her?

Ganon's eyes hit me for the first time; they are bloodshot and dark, threatening me without the need for words. Every hair on my body stands up as his eyes rake my body up and down. He looks... disgusted.

"That's her?" he asks Malice.

I shake my head from side to side, clutching my phone so tightly that my knuckles are turning white. Ganon lets go of Malice and walks over to me. I stand my ground, involuntarily... I can't move. I can only hope that Urbosa will see us and interrupt, but we're in the dark, behind the building, far enough from the other athletes that we're practically invisible to them. 

"Do you have any idea who I am?" Ganon asks, towering over me. I don't look at his eyes, I don't dare. The thought of his Father being an actual criminal won't leave my mind. This guy is dangerous and he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near this campus.

"Ganon," I answer, scared to be wrong but even more scared to be right.

"Yes," his deep voice affirms. "I heard you met Karusa after their friendly game. Though it didn't take such a friendly ending now did it?"

My mind is racing. I shrug my trembling shoulders.

"Not as smart as daddy always flaunts huh?" Ganon sneers. "Karusa is our pitcher," he reveals and my eyes widen. "That's right. The one that has a fractured jaw because of Link. That guy is my friend."

The throbbing of my pulse in the back of my head is numbing my every sense.

"I wanted to pay Link a little visit to return the favor. But he doesn't seem to attend his own shitty parties. Which brings us here."

The back of Ganon's finger brushes over my cheek as he looks down on me. I lose the feeling in my legs as soon as he touches my face. I try to move my cheek away from his touch but his hand instantly holds on to my jaw, keeping it in place. My vision is going blurry from the fear rushing through my body. I didn't come here to fight Link's battle, I just wanted to make sure Ganon doesn't abuse his girlfriend. How can Malice stay with him despite his violence? 

"You... don't hit your girlfriend," I tell him in a shaky voice, looking at Malice. 

He brings my jaw back, forcing me to look at him.

"Think you're being sweet by speaking for my girl? It's actually really fucking rude. I suggest you stay out of it. And don't even try to threaten me with some fat guys in uniform again. Just makes me lose respect for little Miss Hyrule."

If I was brave or strong I would say so many things to him. But right now I am just trying to stand on my own legs. The last time I defended myself and slapped the man who kissed me, I was nearly beaten with a baseball bat. If I had taken Link's defense class seriously, maybe I'd be able to do something now. No, Ganon is way too tall and too strong. Link couldn't prepare me for something like this... Even Malice, a martial arts fighter, doesn't defend herself, probably because she would lose that fight.