𝟛

Lier

Definition ~

○Athazagoraphobia(n.)

the fear of forgetting, being forgotten or ignored, or being replaced.

Locking eyes with Aideen, she arrogantly shot a look in my direction. Realizing that my future wife had been waiting for me since we were children by our fathers, I felt the same when I found out.

"Harrison, my son. Why haven't you married anyone yet - ". My father asked as I lowered down my newspaper "With me retiring, you will be taking the business. You need a strong, independent wife – If she is independent why does she need me?" a questioned him.

Working in this industry is a huge job. Most people think it is just 'organized crime', selling drugs and dealing with illegal goods on the black market. It is much worse than you can expect, much bigger than you think.

Women in this Industry are in as much danger as a civil. They are prey; we are predators.

I don't need a woman to put me and my business in danger.

"I don't want a wife - " Letting out an annoying giggle " – Now imagine listening to that every day. Fuck Me" slip out my mouth. My father's face turned to me with an angry-stern look. I shut my mouth.

My parents were in an arranged marriage, but over time fell in love. The one thing that stands out about my family is that we do, Business in Style. Gambling, Killing, and Dealing was taught to be done in the prim and proper way.

Me giggling like an immature child with such language was frond among my parents.

"Son. Because you are now the new boss you need a wife. I discussed this with Lorenzo before his passing. That you will marry his daughter –" Standing up in rage. " – You will be married into The Mara Family –" My father stood up. Challenging me with a harsh look. " - and YOU have no say."

"What do mean I DON'T have a SAY? You're marrying me off to someone our Family have been fighting for generations over territory and clientele" Pointing my finger in anger. Narrowing his eyes with a severe look. He tapped his whiskey glass, indicating to the waitress for more; before taking a seat once again.

"I am too old to be talking with an immature child"

"Sorry Father" I looked away from him, sitting down in my seat; knowing I was in the wrong. Being taught at an early age, yelling is not what a rational man should do. "Harrison, I know might be angry. But being in this type of business you need to make sacrifices. Which might wound you, but you will aid from them".

I nodded at my father. I have no say, so I can't fight him.

A man from my peripheral vision stood in the hallway, of the balcony where my father and I sat. It was Jack waiting for me to head to a meeting I had to be in. Standing up about to leave, my father called out to me.

"Harrison."

"Yes, Father"

"Your wife is known as the Fiery Red Dragon of the Sun" The Red Dragon? I thought that was a man, not a woman. You better be joking.

Her red hair and fierce personality compliment the name she earned in this Industry; The Fiery Red Dragon of the Sun. The Sun is the meaning of her Father; Lorenzo. He was strong-minded to be the most feared man in the Industry. Walking into a room would strike fear into the room. 12-year-old me, who has seen blood, mass murder, and arson. Meeting him gave me nightmares for weeks on end.

But the Red Dragon works on her own. You will never find her following people, but they follow her.

The origin of her name or the rumours told. That her Father went to Italy for the yearly White Casino Ball. At the time she was 16 and she snuck out of the estate. The guards attempted to stop her. All 20 guards died by her hand.

News Headlines the next day, that there was a man shot in the head at one of her father's clubs. At the same time, she escaped her estate.

She is quiet, stealthy, and observant of her surroundings, but will snap your neck if you disrespect her. I give her my respect for that.

Cutting this Marriage-agreement signing short, there is a problem that is taking place at the Warehouse, back in Canada. Which I have to personally have to deal with before my men get hurt.

Walking out of the dining hall to see 3 ladies holding Aideen's bags. They are much smaller compared to Aideen and me. The bags look huge compared to them. Signalling my men outside to assist them. I waited for my future wife in my car.

Walking out of the house Aideen and Marco were discussing something amongst themselves, and then both of them locked eyes with me. Like they are plotting my death. Marco stood at the door with the 3 ladies beside him.

Aideen nodded her head, the ladies saying goodbye as she proceeded to walk down the front doorsteps. Gave me a humourless look while walking to the G wagon's door. "You are not going in there. You are coming with me" She will be driving with me in front, as my men will follow in pursuit behind me.

Rolling her eyes at me as I raised a stern brow at her as she walked to the passenger side of the vehicle; waiting for me to open it. I am not her valet boy. Walking to the driver's side, the car is low enough for us to exchange looks.

"Ciao Nonno. Si prega di essere al sicuro." (Bye Grandpa. Please be safe) Aideen waved her hand. Marco nodded at her as the three ladies bowed their heads down, in goodbyes. Opening my door, I heard Aideen groan in pain, opening hers. She needed help with the door because of her shoulder.

Wanting to say sorry, I didn't. She didn't respect me, so karma got to her. Her right leg over her left, with crossed arms, she was forced to sit next to me as there isn't any backseat.

Aideen stared out the window, as I drove on the gravel driveway out of the estate.

This will be a long trip.