𝟙𝟘

Too Late

Definition ~

○Eramnesia (n.)

The realization of being born in the wrong period and wishing to live in another.

Ran my fingers against the spines of the books sitting on the wall, remembering how it all began; how money and blood corrupted families

My family's business started with Al Coupe, who works with many clients. The Camorra, my neighbouring Italian family; The Mungiki, a group in West Africa, mainly Kenya. Which is the bloodiest gang in Africa; The Solntsevskaya Bratva, my blood relatives.

My grandmother was from Bratva, where she married my grandfather as a Russian bride. – Being a mixed breed. It has its advantages to have Russian Blood.

One, which I fear the most, is the Los Zetas. A Mexican criminal syndicate is known as the most dangerous. Known for their brutal violence, like public beheadings, and indiscriminate murder – Which I have sworn not to fuck with.

Rule One - Karma will always be by your side as a friend. If you ably by the rules, it will not bite.

Many businesses in this Industry, and their government are aware of them; even working with the government at times. Paying them a certain amount of funding to keep our secret from the public eye. If we play by the law; we are safe. But if my men fuck around with the law – The law of nature will deal with them.

Those ants are scavengers. They steal, do their drugs, and make trouble for us. They work against the law and steal from it. Lurking in the shadows, selling and dealing in the alleyways.

Karma is, that they go to jail for life or never see the light of day again.

I walked towards my table where the same piece of paper I saw at home was placed next to a pen – He signed it.

Our Fathers wrote up a contract for the marriage between Harrison and me, which he already signed. My grandfather wants us to get married as soon as possible to seal the deal – Ughh!!

The stench of sweat crawls up my nose almost making me gag. I haven't even showered since this morning.

Walking out of my cream greenery room, I walked into the dark gloomy themed house again. This Pendjo likes black. At least it is a peaceful contrast with the white snow forest – so I get his reasoning for so much of this colour.

Walking into now, our bedroom. I headed to the bathroom behind the wall. Take out a white towel from the cabinet. I tried to locate the tap for the shower. "How am I going to shower, if I can't turn on the water- " I was startled by the showerhead running its water.

"Turn off?" I questioned; the water did.

"Turn on?" Warm water started to run out of the head – Its voice-activated.

Taking off my gym clothes I placed them in a black woven basket beside the cabinet. Walking towards the running water, it was set at the perfect temperature. Closing my eyes from the warmth, soothing my cold heart. I kept admiring the body I had, in the mirror of the bathroom; looking at all the tense muscles and curves I had worked so hard for.

Holding my breasts, I skipped back to the cabinet, squatting down to get my body scrubs and hair products. Standing back up the mirror and windows were all fogged up from the steam. Warm water drops fell down the mirror; reflecting thin lines on my face.

Hopping back, I squeezed shampoo in my hands and lathered my hair. Washing all the dirt and stress; rinsing away the thoughts and stress down the drain.

"Turn off" The water stopped flowing; walking towards the mirror. I wrapped myself and my hair in a white towel. Heading down the stairs to get some water for my throat; which got dry from the hot relaxing shower.

I was wrapped in a towel and the guards were outside, so I didn't think much of them. Heading towards the kitchen, I rubbed my hair dry. Throwing it over my shoulder; revealing my back. Placed the towel, I used for my hair onto the island.

Opening the fridge. It was full of different types of food, making the fridge so colourful - I wonder who looks after the house. Like whom restocks the fridge or chances the sheets?

I have not seen a cleaner or a butler.

Grabbing bottled water from the fridge, a feeling of someone staring at me from behind stopped me.

Their eyes rolled up and down my body, giving me the chills. I pretended I did not notice him, yet I knew who was admiring my body.

Harrison Barone.