𝟟𝟘

Happy Death Day

Definition ~

○ Reality (n.) ○

This is who we were. A product of war.

Stepping out of the shower onto the heated floor

Stepping out of the shower onto the heated floor. I walked pasted my closest and addressed my wound, wrapping my fist in a bandage.

Dressed in a tight shirt and baggy grey pants, I walked over to my bedside table, drying my hair. The time was 14:57 (02:57 pm) almost 3 o'clock. Needing to check the stock market and my emails on my new incoming cargo.

Two days ago, Harrison was sending cocaine to the Durban Harbour for his clients in South Africa. But unfortunately!! His team was comprised and the Vipers' gang infiltrated the entire operation. Allowing his shipment that was disguised as truck parts to get caught by the cops. Because we are married, I have to clean up his fucking mess. 

This was only one small shipment, worth five hundred million

This was only one small shipment, worth five hundred million. Thank the gods it was not one of those big ones getting caught.

Walking out of my bedroom, and headed down the hallway to my office. I need to fix this shit with the shipment, and then I pack to head home. To Harrison's house in Canada. That whole incident with Harrison and I yelling, tied to the chairs in the dining room. Nonno spoke sternly, telling me to deal with one another at our house.

Sceptical to leave me on my own, he left after hours of governing. I don't blame him, sometimes I don't trust myself. Reassuring him, I convinced Nonno to go back to Italy. Leaving me to handle this. There is no need for him here anymore. He has down his duties as the boss now it's time for him to relax.

Come back to check up on us in a few days. He went to Texas to visit an old friend on the family farm. This morning he sent me a happy birthday message. Even though he knows I don't like celebrating it. I am grateful that he put in the effort to say happy birthday to me.

Sitting at my desk, my stomach growled in hunger, as I was not in the mood to eat. Opening up the mini-fridge underneath my desk. Discussed as a bunch of draws, I pulled out a monster. Jack and Christiana barged in, huffing and puffing. I popped open the can as I questioned, concerned why are they breathing so heavy. "What is wrong with you two?"  

"Where have you been?" They both asked simultaneously, catching their breaths.

"I have been working. I need to sort out this shipment. Where have you two been? Running a marathon?" I asked, slightly irritated.

"For fuck's sake, Aideen!! We have been waiting for you to come downstairs." Christiana said, letting out a deep breath. "Why?" I questioned them.

Jack walked into my office, collapsing onto the couch around the coffee table, in front of me. "Running up those stairs, seeing who was faster with a friendly bet. Was a bad idea!" Jack spoke out of breath, taking my monster off my desk for himself.

My brows frowned in anger at him. "Aideen, it's your birthday!!"

"So?" I asked, getting annoyed now. 

"We had a surprise birthday downstairs. We knew you would sleep in, so we prepared it. And you didn't come downstairs."

"Where is Harrison?" I asked sternly. Christiana looked shocked and all I could think of was him. She looked at Jack and I did, too. He looked disappointed to speak "He left, earlier this morning - Do you know where?" I spoke with no hesitation.

"No, sorry" He spoke.

Just another primary day. I thought today might have some meaning with him. "Okay."

Standing up from my seat, I ripped back my monster out of Jack's hands. Chugging down the monster Jack and Christiana's eyes went huge at me. I don't need him. My age is 22. I am a bad bitch and I DO NOT need a fucking man.

Slamming the can on the table, crushing it flat. I let out a deep burp and spoke. "Let's go have a party," Christiana cheered with excitement as Jack's eyes were still open with shock.

"Okay. First off, excuse you -" Jack smiled "- and second off. Can you give me a second to breathe?" Jack spoke, as we all laughed.

Giving him my hand, he gripped it as I helped him up off his seat.

That 11-year streak of no celebration. It will change today.