Petrified

Ignore the mistakes 🙏🏻

It's the first day of new school, first day of new life. Whatever it will be, Taehyung was determined to live it full. He will live through all of the moments that once he only saw in tv and newspapers.

He is a high school student now.

Taehyung made way to his department. He took arts. So the classes schedule will be shared with them after today's orientation.

A new beginning indeed.

He was lost as it was first time and wanted somebody to guide him. He has walked past the reception and don't even know the way around to go back and look for the department map.

He breathed in and out to calm himself. Stress isn't good for him and he can't handle stress well anyway. He took a step forward hoping he will find some help.

He read in the article published on school's website that students in this school are emphatic and kind. Helping others was in the goals of the school. This policy of the school was also one of the the reasons why Taehyung chose this school.

He was confident to find some help. It just takes to ask someone and Taehyung least can do that.

As he took a turn he saw an old lady not too old but not too young either passing by the hallway. That's his catch. He can ask her. Taehyung took a hurried steps towards her.

But before he can ask her his eyes landed on the pound of water splashed on the floor, that was a bit invisible to the human eye but due to the bright sun light Taehyung was able to see that.

The old lady was just a step away and Taehyung panicked thinking she might slip and fall to the ground. Considering her age the damage can be severe.

"Ma'am." Taehyung called but seems like she couldn't hear him properly as she didn't turn. Taehyung ran and held her hand pulling her back with a bit of the force.

Yelp made way out of an old lady's mouth. She looked at Taehyung with slight anger.

"I'm sorry ma'am, i tried to call you but you didn't listen." Taehyung helped her stand correctly on her own feet. "There was water on the floor, you could have slipped and fallen down here."

The old lady looked at the floor adjusting her glasses and smiled. "Oh thank you young man. You saved my life. How can i thank you for that." She gave his hand a kiss making Taehyung smile wholeheartedly.

The simple gesture was so pure and heartwarming for Taehyung. People in this school are actually good.

"Are you new student? I haven't seen you here before." She asked looking at him from head to toe.

"Yes, it's my first day. I-I'm lost i g-guess. I don't know the directions well. If you can help me find the hall where orientation is being held. I'm late i guess." He said looking at his watch. It was 7:35 am.

"Oh dear, you are so pretty. Worry don't look good on your pretty face." She cupped his cheeks. "You are just on time. The orientation will start at 8:30 and the hall is just, straight and take the right turn. The first hall is for orientation. You'll find the organizers there." She replied.

"Straight and right?" Taehyung confirmed.

"Yes. Do you want me to come with you?" She asked looking at Taehyung. He look a bit nervous.

"No no it's okay. I've my friend here, I'll just call him. He said he had practice so i just walked alone and got lost." Taehyung chuckled awkwardly.

"It's okay. You'll find your way. Best of luck for your new session." She gave him another kiss and left.