Guilty Conscience

Ignore the mistakes 🙏🏻

Jimin came back home after 5 hours, it took him 5 hours despite of trying his best to be home as soon as possible. The ride was long and tiring but he got a certain someone in his mind and he needs to be with him soon.

He pushed open the door and got inside his apartment only to see Jungkook sitting there in living room with his head in hand and eyes closed. He can only imagine what could've happened for Jungkook to call him. Before that, Jungkook never called him like that, every time he was with Taehyung, he cared for him well and was there till Jimin get back home. He can only imagine what could've happened.

"Kook." He said softly while placing a hand in his shoulder. He felt that Jungkook's shoulder muscles were tense, and that he heard a sniffle too. It concerned him. "Jungkook, hey."

Jungkook looked up and there was a lingering tears in his eyes, it aches Jimin's heart. Why can't everyone just be happy? Why do things have to get sad?

"What happened?" Getting on his knees so that he could be equally to Jungkook's hight, he held his face in hand, cupped it and with the pad of his thumb wiped the tears. "He's gone."

Thinking that maybe Jungkook is sad or teary cz he thinks Senior Jeon isn't done with, made Jimin to assure him first. "You are free. I saw them taking him away."

But for Jungkook, that was least of his problems. The trouble he was facing tight now is Taehyung. He can't get the courage to forget what happened here. Ironic that it has been happening since the day one but it started bothering him just now.

"Stay away. Kuh-Keep distance please."

"I-I was hungry......I'm suh-sorry, i was huh-hungry so i ate thu-them. Don't hurt me."

Hurt him? He did that to the poor boy. Jungkook was angry, but on himself. Just one thing, he was asked just one thing; to take care of Taehyung and he couldn't do that properly.

"Kook?" Another shook on his shoulder made Jungkook pull out of his trance. He took a breath in and exhaled slowly.

"Taehyung, he was waiting for you." Saying that Jungkook stood up to leave. That was it, he only had to wait till Jimin get back, Taehyung is good without him.

"Oh, you sounded worried. Something happened? You sounded like—-"

"You had a bad feeling in the morning, guess it wasn't for nothing." Jungkook cut him off. "He didn't eat anything other than some snacks, make sure he eat."

"But you—-"

"I couldn't make him anything." Jungkook doesn't care anymore if this gets Jimin to get angry on him. He needs to pay for his deeds, he wants to get punished for being a ruthless asshole to a person like Taehyung. What cut him deep is that it took him so long to see the real Taehyung, he was always a late learner.

"Oh, cz of your hand. It's okay. Did you eat anything, yourself?" Jimin asked making Jungkook look at him with wide and somewhat teary eyes.

"I hope you never know what i did." Jungkook mumbled but it was heard by Jimin.

"What do you mean? What did you do?" Jimin asked confused.

"JIMINE." Before Jungkook could reply, Taehyung's yell made both of them turn and in the duration of nano seconds, Taehyung was hugging Jimin tightly.