coup d'œil

Ignore the mistakes 🙏🏻

It was a dark day, dark clouds surrounding the dim sky of the evening, making the whole environment more and more dangerous. In that weather, a small 9 year old was sitting beside the window, holding the bars of it like his life depends on it.

His mind was still stuck, what happened few hours ago has shaken him to the core.

"Jungkook, I won't let anyone hurt you either."

His heartbeat fastened. He killed a person, the generous male just got killed because Jungkook asked him to protect him. He made him stand up to his father.

"Uncle, Jungkookie is sorry. I didn't know.......I'm sorry." Jungkook cried silently. If only he had stayed in his room, Paul would've been alive and he wouldn't have been staying here alone.

It felt like the sky was also sad on poor boy's miseries. The cloud roared angrily at his sorrows. It felt like the small amount of anger Jungkook had his heart.

Jungkook flinched when the thunder roared. He didn't let go of the bars as there was nothing else to hold on to. The room was empty and the bed was too cold for him to take any warmth.

"Mommy....." he whispered once again. Why is all this happening to him. He was good, he was polite, did everything his father told him. Even obeyed his uncle who was so bad to him then why..... "Jungkookie is scared."

A thunder storm break out one more time scaring the already terrified boy once again. The grip on the iron bar got tightened and he closed his eyes more tightly.

What the boy didn't know was that this night will only get harder and uglier for him.

Right then the door opened with a force, his small body flinched because of the voice and he stood up. Looking around to hide himself in case of danger but his senses calmed down real quick when he saw the person who entered was his father. Despite of everything that happened, Jungkook ran to his father.

"Dad." With open arms he ran and aimed to hug the lower half of his father's body but failed terribly when the hand of his father stopped him midway.

"Stay still." He commanded. Jungkook stopped. His big, scared doe eyes looking at his father, screaming the vulnerability and neediness.

"Daddy. Uncle kidnapped me, muh-made me—kuh-kept me in a cage and hurt me. Huh-He even touched me badly, beaten me....... Daddy uncle is a bad guy. I-I didn't run away, he took he and kept me locked." Jungkook desperately told his father. His small innocent mind thought his father will see his vulnerability and will hug him but in return he earned a push which made him stumble and fall to the ground.

"You were as good as dead to me. If you have been there for so many years what was the need to come back? It was going as good as it can but then you showed up, ruined everything. Your fucking face will make me a beggar again, all the money i got will be taken back from me. Lara, will leave me. I'll be the miserable again." His father huffed and ran a hand in his hair.

"Daddy." Jungkook has no idea what the male in front of him is saying or who even is he? He just look like his father but he isn't his father.

"Don't call me that." His father almost raised a hand but stopped when Jungkook scooted away from him.

"Lara's right. You are fucking annoying." His father hissed.

"She isn't Lara, she's Variana. Lara was my mother." Jungkook replied looking at his father. He has already started hating his father. This man is a monster.