Memorial

Ignore the mistakes 🙏🏻

Namjoon and Jin were sitting in the living room of Jungkook's house. The owner of the house was busy cooking. The aroma of delicious food was revolving inside the house.

"How are you feeling now?" Jin softly placed a hand over Jungkook's hand and asked.

"Burden." Namjoon whispered. "We should go back..... this city isn't for us."

"Joonie—-"

"Tae, must have felt like this also. Staying at somebody else's house, being all alone in this city....... He must have felt equally suffocated." Namjoon looked at Jin. His red eyes proving the amount of hurt he's feeling.

"Tae loved Jimin, he was so close to him. And isn't just anybody....... You've seen him, he grew up in front of you. Jimin was Taehyung's soul mate, his best friend. Please stop burdening yourself from these thoughts." Jin didn't know what to do. Ever since Taehyung died, Namjoon has develop and unexplainable hatered towards Jimin. He doesn't even wants to see his face.

Last night when Jimin dropped them here, and insisted that they should stay at his house, Namjoon was near to slap him. He straight forward refused and was ready to see any cheap motel where they can stay. His reactions towards Jimin are super angry.

That was when Jungkook butted in and suggested that he live alone so they should shift with him. Namjoon looked at Jungkook for few seconds and finally agreed on that. "Just because Taehyung trusted you, I'm staying at your house."

Taehyung was like a heartbeat to Namjoon's body. His death left a deep agonising crack in his heart that isn't filling anytime soon. And Jimin's presence always reminds him of how ill his prediction is, how bad is he at reading people. The guilt of letting Taehyung come here is cutting him deep inside.

"Hyung." Jungkook's voice pulled both of them out of their thoughts. They looked at him, he's wearing an apron, underneath it a black oversized shirt and loose oversized trousers. He smiled softly at Namjoon. "Wash up, the food is almost ready and then you can rest. The master bedroom is clean, you guys can sleep there."

"No, no. That must be your room. We can take the other room. Don't get uncomfortable cz of us please." Jin hurriedly stood up.

"It's okay hyung. I can........ i can do that atleast." After what I've done.

"Jungkook-ssi..... I'm so glad Taehyung had all you people to take care of him. I don't know what happened but——"

"Oh, somethings burning. I'll go see. I'm sorry, wash up, I'll set the table." Jungkook cut him off and ran back to the kitchen.

Ever since Taehyung's family met him, they think that he was the one who supported Taehyung. They think that he was Taehyung's good friend. They think Taehyung survived all this cz he had Jungkook by his side. He has seen how Namjoon's harsh and killing gaze fell soft when it shifted from Jimin to Jungkook.

The guilt and shame he feels when Jin hyung pats his shoulder or show affection to him is undeniable. He was first afraid about what he did, his doing towards the love of his life...... then he was afraid Jimin's reaction, how he'll react when'll know but right now the most fearful situation for him is what will Taehyung's family do? They think Jungkook was Taehyung's good friend, what will be there reaction when they'll see that the original person behind Taehyung's death is Jungkook himself.

His whole body shivered on just the remembrance of what he did. His words, his actions, how he treated Taehyung revolved in front of him. His grip on spatula tightened. His breathing a bit disturbed. He's going in a panic attack again.