Share the past

He already missed the warmth of the fluffy blanket. Instead of drowning in comfortable silence and the nice heat that he oh so much loved, he was seated on a small chair in the hall all alone. Well, Aizawa was with him but he went inside the room and still hasn't come back which Tommy didn't appreciate. So he waited. And waited. And waited. During his waiting he mesmerized the whole hall, the picture on the walls, the doors and their numbers. Hell, he even knew the pattern of the walls and the floor.
If it wasn't for the fact that he was scared to move, he would be long gone. Then Aizawa would have to look for him, bring him back and prevent from disappearing once again. And then he would be forced to be there, unable to move or protect himself. He wouldn't have a chance, nor anything to say in this matter. They would ask questions, demanding truth and only truth. And if he lied and they somehow noticed it, they would punish him. And the punishment never meant anything good. Just like Dream's punishments. They would be cold, painful as hell and then even more questions once they are done. And- oh god, why is everything suddenly becoming blurred? Everything slowly started becoming one picture, the walls fusing with the floor and ceiling. His breath was faster, leaving him gasping for air and trembling on the chair. He felt as small needles picked at the skin of his fingers, sending chills down his body. Something wet fall on his lap, pulling him out of his head and losing focus on the pain in his fingers. Looking down at his lap he found himself crying, tears slowly falling down as he tried to stop them. Pathetic.

His attempts to stop the tears were brought to an end when someone's else hand held his hands and pulled him up. A pair of strong arms wrapped themselves around his body, pulling him even closer to show comfort. Despite being still in shock, he slowly brought his arms in the air and hesitantly held onto the person who had their arms wrapped around him. With his face hidden in their chest and listening to their heartbeat he began to slowly calm down and the tears soon stopped falling.

"You okay kid?" The familiar voice asked, yet Tommy couldn't bring himself to look up in the black eyes. Not without breaking down, of course.

"I'm fine just.. some old memories" Tommy mumbled in the man's shirt hands gripping the soft material.

"It's fine, you don't have to force yourself to tell me anything. Just remember that sometimes it's good to share your emotions with someone" Aizawa said, still holding Tommy.

Maybe during the last few years he got used to kid's and their different ways of showing emotions and dealing with pain. He grew up surrounded by kid's and learned how to approach them safely. Maybe that's why his heart skipped a beat when he saw the state Tommy was in. And maybe, just maybe he was left wondering what could possibly happen in the past to break this kid. At first glance he seemed strong, independent even as he acted careless and reckless. But after breaking his arcade, it was easy enough to notice how he tried to act mature, keeping this to himself as well as not taking any suggestions or advices to himself.
Meanwhile Tommy was wondering if it was normal to feel safe and protected in situation like this. He never felt like that before, not when Phil cradled him in his arms, not when Wilbur promised to always stay with him and not when Puffy listened to his problems for hours without a break. They simply were there, because they pitied him. Back then when he still a young boy, he might thought they actually cared. That they wanted to help and support him with carrying all the burdens in his life. But as he looked back at it now, he realized that they never wanted to help. They did it only because they felt bad, watching as the youngest among them all was treated like an actual adult and having no childhood. Back then he lived feeding himself with many lies, surrounded by reality that he himself created. Something that never existed in the first place. And all he wanted now was to be held just like Aizawa did, only to finally know what it meant to be safe and loved.

Tiredly, he pushed himself away from Aizawa's grip and stood in silence for a moment. Aizawa rested his hand on Tommy's shoulder, giving it a light squeeze.