Rumbling

Something tugged at his heart, pulling and clawing at it in desperation. A soft sigh escaped his lips, a frown taking its place on his face. His hand moved up his body to rest on his chest where his heart was supposed to be, beating heavily against it. It felt uncomfortable, out of place. Normally, his heart would beat agonizingly slow, too slow for a normal human. White wings fluttering softly, feathers puffed and reflecting the soft sun.
With his mask covering the upper half of his face, the God walked through the dark void that outstretched before him. He carried himself like a King, pride flowing within his aura and clashing with the darkness.

The void was empty, stretching out endlessly for miles and even further. No signs of any form of life, not a single sound reaching him. The silnece was loud, overwhelming. No matter how many times the God used it to travel between worlds and servers, it never got easier. There was something heavy in the air, gravitating towards him and pushing against his mind. It cried to crash him, beat him into the ground. No living being was supposed to be there, walking through without experiencing death. He was unwelcomed, an intruder. The souls there did not appreciate his visits, keeping their distance but not enough to not graze his aura. It made them angry, forced their rotting rage to come up to surface and screech.
After all, the Void was full of death.

Ignoring the piercing screeches and soft red glowing coming from their rotted hearts, the God carried on and pushed through.

Liar.

You don't belong here.

Traitor.

Foolish God.

Thinks he can escape death.

"Death only comes to people that have once lived. It does not come to an immortal being that has nothing to give" The God replied to the whispers, his wings fluttering softly.

Such pure wings.

Such a waste.

What a shame.

He shook his head in annoyance, green energy floating around his hands before he felt his entire body travel, disappearing from the view only to appear in a different part of the void where the voices wouldn't reach him. He might be a God, but the Void was not under his control and he had no rights to rule it. Death herself ruled it and who was he to challenge her?
Walking again, this time peacefully and swiftly, XD looked around the darkness as he grew bored. Travelling from one world to another was a long task, one that was boring and consumed a lot of energy out of one.

You look familiar.

A soft voice said, causing XD to stop where he was. Rolling his shoulders, the God stared ahead at the fading silhouette of a man. He stood tall, confident. With burning green eyes and a sharp smile, the man faced XD as if he was a mere mortal.

What is a God like you doing here?

The tone was sharp and thick with venom, loud enough to reach XD from where he stood. XD let his wings unfold from his back and raise in the air slowly, threateningly.

Intimidation, that's cute.

"What are you looking for in the land of dead, Dream?" XD asked, his voice low and calm.

I was just merely taking a walk before I stumbled across you. What are you doing here?

"Do you really think I will believe you? You came here looking for something, am I right? Something you weren't supposed to have"

Dream only smiled, a soft chuckle following after. He stared at the God in front of him, eyes lit up and a smile that would scare a child.
XD stared him down, judging. They both knew why the mortal was here.

Perhaps I was looking for someone indeed. Why, do you know where they are?

"Even if I knew, I would never tell someone like you. You are capable of taking a life, not giving one" the God said, his mask disappearing from his face.

Heavenly green eyes locked with the toxic green, both staring the other down as their eyes flashed dangerously.

You cannot harm me in this form, XD.

"Same goes for you." XD said, voided dropping. "We shall face each other in a battle one day as you will stand against me. And those who stand against me, have no rights to lurk the earth"

Dream snarled at him, toxic green eyes piercing him. Green strings danced around his body, latching onto his skin and digging deep. Blood dripped down his arms and legs, burning through the voice they stood on.
XD raised his hand in the air, a ball of green light floating above it as it materialized.

"As long as power flows through any of my veins Dream, I’ll fight you. I will stand against you and I will win"

You fight for a mortal, DreamXD. That will be the reason of your downfall.

The green strings dug deeper, ripping Dream's skin to the point where he wasn't visible anymore.

"Then I shall die knowing I saved one from your insanity"

The strings flickered to life, only to turn to dust and disappear before XD could do as much as live a finger. He scowled, letting the green ball of light fly forward, lighting up the void for him.

"Foolish, obsessive mortal"

・.。.:* *.:。.・

Kneeling down in front of the Crimson Egg, the demon held his head low and wings sprawled on the floor in a show of submission. His forehead rested against the cold surface, hands shaking and claws clenching and unclenching. His tail was flat on the floor, not daring to even twitch. Blue eyes stared firmly at the ground, afraid to look up to face the anger of the Egg.

Where is the child?

The loud, booming voice echoed in his head, ramming against his skull painfully. He whimpered softly, eyes shut tightly.

Where is the Promised One?

"We weren't able to retrieve the book-" he said, keeping his voice low and mindful of his words.

You promised a kid immune to my power. Where is he?

"He is dead, his soul is still trapped in the Void. But we are working on it and we should be able to revive him soon!" Bad answered sincerely, slowly looking up at the Egg that towered above him.

You are hurting me with your words, BadBoyHalo. I had high hopes for you.

Bad felt panic settling in his stomach as the voice grew louder in his head, making him feel dizzy.

"We will get him soon enough, don't even worry. And then I will bring him to you to face his punishment"

We won't do such a thing. He will be our guest, a little joy.

"Of course, whatever you wish" Bad said, pulling himself up enough to place a hand on his chest. "I will make sure he is delivered unharmed"

Good. Don't disappoint me again, Bad. This child is immune to us, do you know what that means? That means more power and if we manage to break his will and get him to listen, then there will be nothing in our path.

Bad struggled to smile, feeling the overwhelming urge to temble and make himself look smaller,, unnoticed.

"But what if Dream gets in the way?" He asked after a moment of silence.

The Egg was silent for a moment, before a low rumbling voice echoed in Bad's head.

You are to kill anything and anyone that gets in your way. Do not kill the child, only torture if necessary. I wish to break him myself.

"Of course"