Wind in your wings

Tommy along with Midoriya attended their next class, each joining their regular friend group upon entering the assigned class.
Midoryia with Todoroki, Uraraka, Iida and Tsuyu while Tommy joined Oijiro. Despite not speaking to one another and instead sitting in comfortable silence, it was clear they enjoyed each other's company. Because Tommy was never a big fan of loud noises and big crowds of people and Oijiro simply liked the silence. It was better than Bakugou's constant yelling and Kaminari trying his hardest to impress the girls, which clearly didn't work. Tommy himself knew how to talk to women Because he was a big man thus he often found himself facepalming. But to his own entertainment he decided to watch the lighting boy struggle and laugh at him.
As they all waited for their Teacher to arrive, which was Present Mic, Tommy simply took his time and took the opportunity to rest his head o the table.
Unfortunately of course, someone had to spike a conversation with him because why not.

"Tommy!" He almost flinched at the loud voice, instead looking up slightly to see the familiar red hair.

"Sup Kirishima" he said, lips twitching into a tired smile.

Hell he didn't have even the half of the red headed shark energy. Maybe back in L'manburg, before he lost his second life he was as energetic as the boy in front of him. But now? Being alive made him feel exhausted and the endless cycle of pain only made it worse.
Everyone had their bad days, but why did Tommy always had them? Almost every day, he struggled to do anything. His routine was slowly falling apart and the only reason why he even bothered was for both Hawks and Aizawa. He promised them to do it. So he would. Even if it meant sleepless nights, breaking down in the middle of the day and struggling to stay focused. Even holding down food was an every day struggle.
And at this point Tommy started to doubt himself. Because he was weak. He was useless, always needing help. Someone to save him. Someone to pull him back to the surface whenever he would drown in all the pain and bad memories.
People failed him many times and he didn't want to fail someone too. Even if he did it in the past. Failing Tubbo and Ranboo. Failing Philza. Failing Techno. Failing everyone. Even Dream, who never wanted anything bad to happen to him. Exile was to protect him from the reality of the cruel world.
And it was easier in exile. Dream made it easy for him. Dropping his things in the hole, blowing it up, talking with Dream, making him proud and not messing up. That was all.
He didn't really understand why he left in the first place. Dream said he was selfish, always thinking about himself. Right, how did Dream feel when he left? Was he disappointed? Sad? Angry?
Either way, he looked for Tommy. To bring him back home. Where they were alone, with no one else to visit. And he liked it there. Despite all the pain and trauma, it was easier to wake up and stay alive.

But now? It was hard to do anything. Even thinking straight was a big no no. Nothing to hold on. Nothing to let go off.

"..anyway, when are you going to get your wings checked? They must be really uncomfortable for so long in one position" Kirishima said with a chuckle leaving past his lips.

It seemed like Tommy was out of it for a long time because he only came back to reality when Oijiro nudged him after few minutes of silence. He shook his head, attention snapping to Kirishima who looked at him with a concerned smile.

"You okay there dude?" His voice was filled with worry.

Or was it pity? Maybe disappoinment? Tommy forgot, again.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just- just zoned out a little. And to answer your question, I think it's today actually" Tommy mumbled, looking at his phone screen after flicking it on.

Kirishima's smile only grew bigger, hands resting on his hips as he beamed at Tommy who only stared back with confused expression.

"That's good! Your wings are really manly and I was hoping you could show js some tricks. If you know, you're feeling alright and all that"