Comfort talks

⚠️Reminder: everything in this book is platonic and I don't intend on sexualizing anyone⚠️

・.。.:* *.:。.・

When he finally reached his destination, the only thing he wanted to do was lay down and hopefully not wake up. At least, more than normally. After being interrupted by the weird guy in the store, Tommy was hoping for a peaceful ride back home. Of course, it wasn't given to him. The exact moment he entered the train, he knew something was going to happen and oh how right he was. He had no time to even sit down, before an elderly woman decided to take out her irritation on Tommy, which caused her to yell at the top of her lungs at him. Imagine how confused Tommy was when she started rambling to him about how much her husband was getting on he nerves and how he should act like a gentleman. Not only that, but her screaming caught everyone's attention and Tommy could feel many eyes looking his way. And if that wasn't enough, he almost got kicked out of the train because of the bullshit that he didn't even start. Hell, he didn't know what was going on and when the woman finally left him alone, he just stood near the doors still looking at the place where the woman once stood.
He felt like burying himself 6 feet underground when he forced his legs to move and took a seat next to a window. And with a hood covering his whole face and headphones blasting loud music to keep his focus away from the people, he was able to get home without any more obstacles.

And yet when he opened the doors and set his foot inside the house, he felt exhausted. The bag filled with books was set aside, sound of footsteps echoing through the whole house as Tommy dragged himself over to the couch. He wanted to sleep. Sleep and forget about everything that happened today. But he couldn't and he knew exactly why.
He hadn't preen his wings in a long time and now they were basically begging him to do so. All avians had to do it to not only keep their wings clean but also for comfort and to be able to fly easily. And Tommy never had any time to do it, mostly because Philza was the one who would preen his wings. Doing it alone was a long and boring task to the point when he would sometimes pull out a single feather in frustration. He swore he pulled out more than 30 feathers that way and it wasn't more than two years. Luckily, his feathers would grow back and he could always drink a healing potion if he lost too many. Normally, it shouldn't work like this but who is he to complain? At least his wings weren't bold like Jack Manifold's head.

He was so busy thinking about how to motivate himself to start preening his wings, that he didn't even notice Aizawa who came home and almost on instinct went to the kitchen to get coffee. Once the black drink was done and he had what he needed, the couch seemed like a comfortable place to rest. And he was rather surprised to find Tommy laying sprawled on the couch like he was dead, eyes gazing at something in front of him that no one else could see.
The older male stared at the lifeless and unmoving body, blinking lazily before clearing his throat to get the youngers attention. Almost imidiatelly, his body shot up as he looked around and locked his blue eyes with Aizawa's black ones. Once he realized who was interrupting his trail of thoughts, he relaxed and pulled his knees to his chest.

"Thanks" Aizawa grumped, sitting on the couch and placing his mug of coffee on the small table in front of them.

Tommy offered him a small nod, head turning forward and once again, his eyes focusing on something that Aizawa couldn't quite see.
Instead, he decided to spark a conversation which wasn't normally in his nature.

"How was school? Something interesting happened?" He asked, eyes lifting up when Tommy blinked slowly.

"..good, nothing interesting happened tho. Just spent some time talking with Midoriya and his friends." Tommy's answer was short, but it was better than nothing. "And you? Anything outstanding?"