Hospital lights

Was supposed to update yesterday but my cramps were worse than normal and I barely got any sleep at night so here we are :,)

A little short but it's better than nothing, Enjoy!

・.。.:* *.:。.

Aizawa couldn't stand the sight of the state his son was. Even if Tommy was awake and all the nurses and doctors reassured him that he was going to be okay and that was in a stable condition, nothing could calm him down.
He wasn't able to leave the room where Tommy laid in the bed and even thinking about leaving him was bringing Aizawa pain that he had never felt before. Tommy was his son and leaving him alone in his suffering would be the last thing Aizawa would do. He would die before doing such a thing.
And even when Tommy himself told him that he was feeling fine, that he didn't feel much pain (which was clearly a lie because whenever Tommy moved an inch he would hiss out in pain and then try to cover it up), Aizawa wasn't planning on leaving.

But as expected, he was forced to leave the room when he knew it was time to eat. They didn't need another person passing out right now and especially, they didn't need him passing out.
So he went out, along with Hawks who had to go home and change before going on a patrol. Of course the Winged hero hated the fact that he had to go on a patrol, but unlike Aizawa, he didn't get the pass. He wasn't the closest family and the hospital didn't really need him to be there 24/7. He had other things to do and take care so he was called back.
Todoroki was also forced to go back to continue his Internship, which he of course argued with for long hours. In the end, it was Endeavor who came to pick him up and forced to leave. Aizawa made sure to make the man aware of his dislike towards his person and how he treated his son but was ignored.

Either way, when he was done with his lunch and was making his way back to the hospital room, he heard some noises coming from inside of it. He stopped for a second, trying to pick up whatever sound it was. And he should have known better, because it was obvious who got inside. The loud caws and squawks were enough to only prove his point.
Using his elbow, Aizawa pushed the door open and slowly creeped inside, making sure the plate in his hands was steady and it wouldn't fall and spill everything. He looked up and his eyes widened at the sight, free arm falling back to his side.

The entire room was full of Crows all too familiar. They were sitting everywhere. On the floor, close to the ceiling, on the bed, under it, on the windowsill and even hanging upside down from the curtains. Tommy was sitting up with his back propped against the frame of his bed, fingers buried deep in one of the crow's feathers and stroking them. He looked in the direction of the doors and smiled upon seeing the man, before turning his attention back to the bird that was calling out for his attention.

Don't stop!

"Sorry Neo. You need to learn to be more patient" Tommy said, returning to his previous task.

I am!

"Sure, whatever you say" Tommy chuckled, before glancing at his father. "What's up?"

Aizawa made his way over to his bed and placed the plate on the table before sitting down on the same chair he slept in for the past few days. Not the most comfortable but it worked.

"I brought you some food since you haven't eaten anything yet. I see you weren't bored in the meantime" Aizawa said, scratching one of the younger crow's that slowly hopped over to him. "They shouldn't be inside"

Tommy sighed, leaning his head on the wall and closing his eyes for a second, his hand never stopping the affectionate gesture.

"Thank you, even though the dinner will be in a few hours" Tommy said, quickly adding before the man could cut him off. "And I know they shouldn't be inside but they were worried. Plus, they keep me company whenever no one is around"

"You need to eat more often than that, Tommy. It's bad for your health. You're still growing and you need to eat, unless you want to stop growing" Aizawa said, smiling to himself when Tommy's head shot in his direction, eyes wide.

"Ayo, don't say such things! I will keep growing for as long as possible" Tommy huffed, crossing his arms.

Neo squawked out loudly, pinching Tommy's leg when he laid him no mind. He only flipped the bird off, sticking his tongue out and looking back at Aizawa.

"Tommy.."

Of course he had to see. The old man always knew when Tommy was doing something he knew he shouldn't do. But what can he do? Old habits die hard, anyways.

"It's his fault!" Tommy pointed at the crow who's eyes seemed to open wider and he was quick to fly away from the two, perching on a small cupboard.

Tommy only glared at him before someone flicked his forehead and he whined. Aizawa was a big bully, nothing more!

"You're hurting my feelings!" Tommy said, dramatically dropping his arm over his head. "And I thought you could be trusted"

Aizawa only chuckled at the kid before patting his head affectionately. He reached for the plate that was still on the table and pushed it in Tommy's direction.

"Eat or else it will get cold. Can you do it on your own or do you need help?" He asked, watching Tommy struggle to sit up a little more.

One squeak of pain was the answer Aizawa needed and he helped Tommy steady himself on the bed before picking up the fork.
Tommy chirped happily, wings shaking off the soreness from them.

"You're a child" Aizawa commented, watching Tommy eat.

Tommy glared at him with his mouth fool, before speaking with food still in it.

"Am not!" He said, almost choking on the food.

Aizawa only shook his head, silencing the kid down and continuing to feed him.
He was pretty sure Tommy would be too embarrassed to let him feed him but it seemed like he knew his hands were yet still too numb to hold the fork for a long time. There was no point in fighting, so he just let it happen.

And while he was busy on not choking, the crow's seemed to perk up slightly, quiet squawking filling the room yet it went unnoticed by the two.

Ghost was the first one to notice the sudden change in the room, the atmosphere became lighter and it went quiet. A strong like aura entered the room and it caught their attention, all heads snapping to look around. They knew who it was, there was no question.

They called out to each other, making sure Tommy couldn't hear nor understand them. The presence in the room was familiar, their aura too powerful to not notice. And the shadow reminded them of someone they knew really well.
They felt happier, too. The fact that the Death herself was looking after her son was enough to assure them everything was fine. It brought them a calm feeling and they relaxed slightly, watching the three figures interact, even if the two didn't know about the third person.
But then there was concern written on the Goddess face, had she realized the current situation. And she was not happy.

"My child, what have they done to you?"