Glimming lights

Ohohoho, I have so many ideas for angst. I'm gonna have so much fun soon 🙂.

・.。.:* *.:。.・

Stars reminded people of many things. Little lights that never seemed to fade, something beautiful that always brought hope and some even liked to think the start were their relatives that passed away.
Fundy saw then as a memory. Small details of old stories scattered around the night sky, allowing him to put it in pieces all over again. It was like a child game, remembering every small thing and detail. How the place looked, who was there, what they did or even something like the flowers he would pick up or any bugs that he would get the chance to see.
They were like a mother, telling stories to her children before putting them to sleep. And they would listen every time, because the curiousity would always win. The burning urge to find out what happened to the little by who wandered away from his mother or the little girl that found a mysterious flower. They were fun, exciting and mostly important, told by their mother.

Fundy remembered the last time Tommy ever told him a story before everything went down hill. The peaceful moments when Tommy would place Fundy on his lap, stroke his ears and ask him what story he would like to hear. And Fundy would always have the same answer, the story Tommy has memorized by now. Despite having a  lot of choice of different stories, he would always take the same one. And Tommy didn't mind, because by then he was sure he wouldn't get anything wrong.
And the name of the Story was 'Born with the Stars'. The story was about a little star who grew up in the sky with all the other stars who were its friends. He shone just as bright as them, giving people hope and allowing then to wish. It was different, yet the stars never left him behind.
Until one night, the little star grew too curious and wandered too far away from the rest, finding himself lost among all the black clouds and thunder. With fear overcoming the poor little star, it tried to find its way back to its family. But it was no luck because the clouds were too thick for the star to he able to see through them.

So it cried and cried, and cried. The little Star cried until its light was barely a soft glim, winking and slowly losing all its beautiful color and light.
The star traveled with the wind, cutting through the sky slowly before the sun finally started to show. Losing all its hope, the Little Star was ready to disappear and never see its family ever again.
But then all of a sudden, a soft flash of white light caught its attention. As the flashes became more and more bright and familiar, the Little star found some strength and decided to follow the light.
And much to the stars surprise, it saw its family miles away. Filled with new energy, The Little Star lit up its light and rushed towards its family.
The ending if the story was a pleasant one, with the Little Star being reunited with all the other stars.
Because the Little Star would always find a way to come back home.

And maybe that's why Fundy liked this story so much. It reminded him of his uncle. He would often disappear or be taken away only for no one to see him for a long time before he would come back and reunite with his friends.
Because as Tommy said, as long as the stars shone on the sky, he would always be there.

Maybe that's why the Sky was clear that night. And the next one. And the one after that.
And the one the a week after.

And he didn't see the stars for a long time.

Just like he didn't see his uncle in a long time.

It seems that if Tommy disappears, he takes the Stars' with him.
And Fundy prayed that wherever he was, they would keep him safe and provide a light for him to not get list in the darkness. And maybe, they would show him the way back home.

Fundy sighed, picking himself up from the ground and patting his trousers to get rid of all the dirt that has collected on them. He was fine, he thought. He picked up the old and damaged book that lied by his side and carefully placed it in his bag, making sure to not cause any more damage to the poor paper.
As he was about to turn around and head home, his body stopped and the hair on his necks stood up. His ears moved a little, before flopping down onto his head. With little noise, he relaxed the muscles in his hands so the short but sharp claws would appear.
When the noise stopped, Fundy knew it meant only one thing. Someone was here. And he was behind him.