To be Worthy

Everything is platonic, just a reminder!!

・.。.:* *.:。.

The room was dark, the only source of light coming from a small lantern that stood on the table, casting a dim light. Outside, the sun has already disappeared, the moon taking its place in the sky.
Quackity stood by it, watching the outside world silently, as if he was waiting for someone. His wings laid back on his back relaxed, yellow feathers all neat and shiny. With his hands behind his back, Quackity swayed on his feet back and forth, a humming noise coming from him.

It was almost like a scene from horror movie, the villain about to turn around and launch at the good guys. Nothing like this happen though, even when Technoblade entered the room - a little clumsily, if the limping was anything to go by - and his attention was immediately drawn to the hybrid. He watched him for a solid minute, before his hip started bothering him and so he was forced to take a seat.

"I see you are up and walking. I hope your injuries haven't been bothering you too much" Quackity offered, still not turning.

Technoblade glanced up at him and for a moment though that there was concern in his words.

"I do not enjoy staying in bed for long. I have things to do, exercises to continue. A little soreness will not keep me down for long" Techno answered safely, tapping his fingers on the table.

He could see how Quackity's head inclined just a little.

"I see, then it is good that it was just a little scratch, was it not? However, as much as I appreciate your willingness to do things and am impressed by your strength, it is recommended for a person to rest after being exposed to extremely unpleasant memories and trauma." Quackity said and just when Techno was about to answer, he carried on. "Do not jump into conclusions that I think of you as a weakling, or a trauma victim. I merely care about my partner's wellbeing and their health. It is important for you to be in a good shape if we wish to continue our mission. Seeing your brother die twice can be quite disturbing. Life-changing, if you shall"

Even if the man was right, even if Wilbur's death broke something in him, he still refused to do anything and simply watch.

"Wilbur was my brother, even if not anymore. My care and love for him reach back into our very early brotherhood. And as much as it hurt me, I refuse to sit and do nothing when I know what he really wished for. He wouldn't like, wouldn't need this and so I won't cry after him. Plus, I am certain that Mother is taking care of him, so there's thay. Anyway, our goal is to get Tommy back and so we will and his sacrifice in this mission will be forever remembered and written down" Techno answered sternly, flashing Quackity a look before reaching for an apple he found on the table.

"And so you wish to carry on with this mission, despite what happened and the risks this may have?" Turning his head to the side just enough to get a nonverbal agreement from Techno, he continued. "So be it. And just to be clear, despite our differences and our pasts, I do think of you as a good partner and an admirable warrior. I wouldn't force you into this if you wanted to quit, the decision will stay yours if you ever change your mind"

Technoblade nodded, butting into the sweet fruit and savoring the juicy flesh of it. Quackity soon joined him by the table, rewarding himself with a few cookies they have baked before and biting into one at a time.
They sat in a comfortable silence, not speaking s word even when Purpled stumbled into the room and greeted them with an incline of his head. He was quick to prepare himself some tea, snatching two cookies as he passed Quackity who only stuck out his tongue at him and the teen grinned. When his tea was gone and cookies eaten, he was gone just as quick as he appeared, with little to no words.