Mourning you

I don't know why I'm so out of motivation like- it is the first time 😶It is probably because school started and I am really not a big fan of that second shift.
But yeah, this will be probably not as good as the other chapter but you gotta bare with me!
Love you!

・.。.:* *.:。.・

Wrapped in a thin blanket made of a fabric that clung uncomfortably to the skin of his body, sitting outside on a bench several feet away from the walls of a building that he didn't deem necessary to learn the name of, Hawks gazed at the view in front of him, stretching far ahead. His eyes unfocused, staring at everything yet unable to process anything that was in front of him. The flickering light, lazily passing clouds, the dark smoke that finally seemed to disappear ans the flames far ahead that were dying out. Not by a human hand or a quirk, but by the rain that fell heavily upon the ground. It was muffled, at least in his ears, rumbling dully on the ground.
Ignoring the harshness of the rain and how it made his wings feel heavy on his back, now lying sprawled on the cold ground and how the blanket only seemed to clung to his already wet body tighter, Hawks sat there.

Surrounded by the darkness and painful silence, his head pounded and his body ached all over, yet he refused to see any medics or even his friends, closing himself off. With his mind still closed and full of fluff that seemed to blind his rational thinking, the denial was hard to overcome. Everything about this situation was hard to understand.
From the moment he saw the body, lying down on the ground, covered in blood and dirt with clothes shredded and wings broken, it was like his life stopped and the film was frozen.
He couldn't help but tear up when the realization finally settled in.

Tommy, his kid, his fledgling was dead. Lying there on the ground, pushed down the stairs, violated, hurt, broken. His fledgling spend minutes, maybe even hours alone, dying, letting out his last breaths and he wasn't there to be with him, to comfort him, to keep his promise. He should have been there, holding him close, whispering comforting words and looking after him like a real father.

No.

It shouldn't have ever happened, a situation like this should never even be possible. And yet.. it happened and Hawks wasn't there for Tommy, to try and protect him. He should be the one bleeding out on the ground, losing his life. The only ckmfoort he needed was the fact that Tommy would be alive and well and could grow and live a life he deserved, even if it was without Hawks by his side. But now, maybe it was a little too late to think like that. Because no matter what he said, swore to do, he failed. And the consequences of his failure was the life of a kid that should have never go through something like that again.

And oh god, how was he supposed to tell Aizawa? How would he explained what was happened, what he has done? He was supposed to pick Tommy up and take him home. He wouldn't be mad at Aizawa for blaming him, in l honesty, he was blaming himself too.
If he was hurting this much, if only the thought of Tommy being gone made his heart break that much, how would Aizawa feel? Finding out that he lost his child (adopted or not, the love and care was obvious and it did not matter to Aizawa if the child was hiw own blood or not) while he was away kn a field trip with his class and not being there to do anything?
Feeling so lost and blinded, Hawks' tired head did not register when the rain stopped falling down on his head, or when the heavy blanket was taken away and replaced with a new, much warmer one.

A delicate and warm hand was placed on his shoulder, giving it a soft squeeze. Only then did he return to the presence, looking up at the person that shielded him with their umbrella. The face was painfully familiar, yet he couldn't bring himself to greet the person or even manage the smallest smile.
The woman only squeezed his shoulder tighter, not blind to the pain that coloured his eyes and took his heart into a merciless grip. Somehow, even without words, the pain they both felt was understood and the comfort flew both way, even if it was done so without realization.