Following regret

The following silence was more than enough to confirm everything that Fundy said, even if they didn't get to hear more details or how it happened. Tommy was gone, once again killed by Dream and they didn't even know which only made things worse. What did that say about them and their friendship with Tommy? Nothing good, because apparently everyone knew already and they never bothered to ask anyone if something bad happened. It was sad, if you could say so. Knowing that they lost their friend in a horrible way, still being locked with his worst enemy and with no way out. Of course they were furious, not because of their ignorance but because of what Dream did and what Sam didn't.
And even despite their heart telling them to not blame the prison guardian because it was his job and he would be breaking the law if he did help Tommy, they found themselves feeling a sudden hatred towards the man.
But he wasn't the only one to blame. They knew exactly what Tommy wanted to do and yet they said nothing, allowing him to go only to never return from the secured place. And maybe they did forget about him for a moment, deciding to think about themselves and start building whatever they had in plans. Maybe, just maybe, they thought he just went home after visitng Dream and was happily listening to one of his precious disks. Little did they know that while they were enjoying their afternoon together, sitting and watching the sunset, he was praying for one of them to come and pull him out of the dreadful darkness. And they didn't do that, because they had their own lives and couldn't be with Tommy 24/7, even when he needed them the most.

Fundy on the other hand felt upset with his heart clenching painfully at the thought. First his father, who he loved dearly decided to destroy his home and died in his grandfather's arms and now his uncle, who've done nothing but try to replace the emptiness and pain in his heart with love and affection. Sure, he wasn't great and had his up's and down's but while everyone else only saw bad in him, Fundy could see the blink of desperation to keep him safe and the need to care about someone. Bit dare he say that he returned it. Even while knowing that Tommy wanted only the best for him, he couldn't help but drive away from his uncle. He wasn't on the best terms with Tommy and maybe even despised him and probably never would be. But now he realized that he might never be able to see his uncle again. Because he was gone. And it was his time to join Wilbur in the void and spend the next hundreds of years on his side. Time to move on has came and as much as he wanted to do something, he knew he couldn't. So he did exactly that, trying to live with his life and function like any other human being.

"Is there anything else we can do for you?" Ranboo asked suddenly, small smile outstretching on his face but his eyes filled with sorrow.

"I don't think so.." Fundy mumbled to himself, finger tapping on his chin softly.

"Do you want to stay? I can give you a spare room if you need to rest and.. rethink everything" Ranboo's voice was somehow calming bit Fundy couldn't bring himself to stay around someone.

"I appreciate your offer but I don't think I'm ready to do this. I will just go back to my place and hopefully get an hour of sleep or something " he chuckled dryly, ears laying flat on his head as his tail swung softly. "Again, thanks for your offer"

Ranboo nodded his head as usually, watching Fundy walk towards the doors before following him to make sure the fox hybrid safely went home. Tubbo stayed back, sitting on the couch like he was in some kind of a trance. He simply didn't know what to do. His best friend was dead and he didn't even know. He didn't even get to say goodbye or make him a funeral or anything! Why didn't anyone tell him earlier? Surely, Tommy wouldn't go without saying goodbye. But if he has no chance to do so, being locked with Dream, shouldn't Sam inform him at least? Surely he knew they were friends. Hell, everyone knew it-

"Are you alright?" Ranboo's soft voice reached him from the hall.

He looked up, the usual look of excitement and joy in his eyes long gone as they locked their eyes together.