Scars that adorn you

Double T duo for the win :D also Dadzawa <3

・.。.:* *.:。.

Tommy was never insecure about his look and never once did he wish he looked different in my way. Sure, there were times where he hated looking at his reflection in the mirror but it was never caused by the way he looked, but because of the scars that covered most part of his body.
He grew attached to them over the long years and at some point he even learnt to love them, to show them off and see as a piece of himself.
But he couldn't help but feel wrong whenever someone pointed them out and saw them as ugly. Ugly scars that made him look like a monster, like someone who hurt people all his life  and never, not even once, did anything good.
And only then did he feel like he didn't deserve to feel happy. Or feel good about himself.

That changed a little when he became friends with Todoroki. A guy different, yet familiar to him in one ways. With the scar adorning the left side of his face that surely caught attention of others, Todoroki didn't seem to care about it. He walked around like a peacock, proud and confident. He never covered it, no matter where he was or who he was around. And whenever people pointed it out and laugh, he would brush them off and carry on with his day like nothing happened.
That's what made Tommy look up to him, even if he himself didn't realize it until today.  He wanted to be able to fully accept himself, to walk all proud and embrace his flaws. After all no one was perfect, no matter how strong their quirk was or how much they pretended.
Puffy always told him that it doesn't matter how he looks, that all that matters is his heart and how he acts around other people. She was right, just like always when it came to being kind and helped.

Tommy was not only not the most handsome boy out there, but he also lacked good manners and kindness. Maybe that's why people never saw him a good friend, or why they always seemed to avoid him around other people and laugh it off later on as if they were innocent.
That mostly caused him to back away and keep those people away from himself and they made it fairly easy for him to do. After all, they never reached out to him and just continued with their normal lives. He didn't know if he should be glad or upset.

So it was normal for him to stay in his room, hiding in one of his nests away from any prying eyes. With blankets, pillows, pieces of clothing and everything else he could steal from people pilled on his body, Tommy sat there quietly with his head under a rather heavy blanket. His wings were probably bent in one of the most uncomfortable positions, feathers surely bending in wrong direction and some already sticking out, ready to be pulled out. He didn't feel pain so that was good, for now at least.
Of course, someone had to notice that he was missing the whole day and didn't proceed to leave him room at all, only shuffling around a bit before burying himself in his nest.
And obviously, it was Aizawa who found out first.

When the soft knock reached Tommy's ears, he made no movement to approach the doors and open them, nor did he bother to answer. He shuffled a bit, hands falling over his ears to block whoever it was on the other side of the door leading to his room.
All his energy was gone and the heavy feeling made him feel wrong. Like he was supposed to feel guilty for having those scars, that weren't ever caused by him.
And another knock, this time a little louder and the blonde was barely able to hear it.

"Tommy? Everything alright there kid?" Aizawa's voice was muffled, like he was drowning.

And he was. In a way.

"Can I come inside? You know I don't like to violate your privacy" his legal guardian said through the doors, yet Tommy still didn't answer.

A loud sign could be heard and what Tommy could note as twisting the knob. Knowing Aizawa was already in his room and wouldn't leave until he knew what was wrong, Tommy pushed himself further into the blankets. He could really use a hug or two at the moment, but he couldn't ask. Not when everything was too much.
Moment later, he could feel the bed lowering a little when another weight appeared, Tommy's body flinching when a hand was placed where his back was.
Aizawa carefully moved his hand up and down, gently calming him down and making him aware that he didn't mean any harm.